5 Bite Diet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Well here I go!

+23
Arula
Alexis2012
Mrs5BD
120-4life
thins-in
Challenger
Slimw5bd
username
Jojovera
Wuzzy
Yuki526
Dmac
spryng
Pookykat
16Again
HEAVEN
kimikat3
insanity
Maernet
mommieof2
Kaliopikat
Snow White
ElleBella
27 posters

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

Well here I go! - Page 6 Empty Re: Well here I go!

Post  16Again Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:13 pm

Wow, I disappear for only four days, and in that time you bare your soul and raise questions and thoroughly inspire us. And I wasn't here to encourage you and cheer you on. I'm so Sorry.

But WOW, again. What you've pulled through and made of yourself is glorious!!

By the Bye, I am right about "Men" but we're always working on something (as are ladies), and thus we're distracted. We need "gentle" reminders that we're part of this species, and that we only do our very best when we put relationships and the hearts of others (and ourselves) at the uppermost. I'm sorry that "gentle" Almost Always means never saying it outright. Men can be seduced into ANYTHING -- and I'm NOT talking about bed -- and that includes "maturity" and "nurturing." We definitely do better when we realize (as though we thought of it ourselves) that it's in our own best interest.

Now, along the lines of Snow's & Mommie's recommendations, I agree you should approach whatever you can plan as "PORTION CONTROL." Okay, so you're at 3 Meals. Good. Now, pick a NUMBER of "Bites" that will be CONSTANT for every meal. You are doing This Diet when you do that.

The "plate theory" of the "No S Diet" seems fine, but I know how TALL I can Stack a plate. I could make a burger with Three Patties and Four slices of Cheese and Bacon and Tomato and Mild Green Chilies and a Slice of Avocado and complete it on a gluten-free Bun,... and make it ALL SIT Comfortably on a small dessert plate. The fact that I couldn't open my mouth wide enough for a Full Bite (and I have a BIG MOUTH), would mean nothing as long as I permitted myself to simply empty the plate -- let's say it takes me 28 Bites -- If I only allow myself 12 Bites I wouldn't get through HALF of the Burger. And at "5 Bites," less than a quarter of it.

So, in keeping with "the Spirit" of 5 Bites, let's say you choose 15 Bites per meal, Three times a day. Work with That EXACT amount for Three Days and your Hungerstat is SET. No Hunger. Continue with that Number of Bites for One Week and then Weigh-In. Did you Lose a pound or two? Great. Stayed the same? Shift to 13 Bites for one week and Weigh-In again.

See, we're in this for the long haul. There's no need to re-invent the wheel. When you find YOUR NUMBER, stick with that Number, Like the whole book was written for you. The "15 Bite Diet" or the "13 Bite Diet". [NOTE: I know from experience that I can eat an ENTIRE "Baja Fresh" Burrito in TEN "comfortable" BITES ("big mouth"), and I know from television that that kid, Jared, ate the "Same Sized" Sub Sandwich at "Subway" for every meal (Lunch & Dinner --Sound Familiar?!?), losing 245 pounds in the process. THAT is the Magic of PORTION CONTROL.

You KNOW the process. You KNOW it's Effective. Now, just enjoy.

I'll come back to discuss "Skin" later today, but I must be off.

Blessings,

Marc
16Again
16Again

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:53 pm

Snow.. thank you so much honey.. You so know yourself and that is what make you a true success. Wow I really love your honesty!

Marc.. wow you where in a accident, affraid thank goodness you are ok.. bounce

I am doing as you wrote..my own thing with the bites.. You are always so knowlegdeable.. Thank you for taking the time and interest in supporting us all.. flower

Ok.. not last night but the night before, early in the night I ended up in the hospital again.. I could not lay down from pain in my middle..I found out that I am releasing to much liver bile. This is causing me to have Gerd.. oh dearyrooooooo.. So I am back on meds.. and eating every two hours.. a few bites of food at time.. The surgery is back on the table..Oh well..

So to all you 5 biters, this many biter wishes you a great day!
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Well here I go! - Page 6 Empty "Gimme Skin!" (High Five)

Post  16Again Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:33 am

Okay. Skin. A body ORGAN (like your internal ones -- only this one's partly "external") made up of cells.

Our bodies, being Brilliant Beyond our capacity to do this stuff consciously, read the environment and re-make themselves in whole and in part over different periods of time.

They (who's "They"?) say the outer layer of skin remains with us only 24 to 48 hours as it sloughs off continuously to be replaced with the cells rising from below.

As we gain bulk (in fat pads AND/OR enormous muscle), the body "reads" a DEMAND for more Skin Cells. The dividing of Skin-Organ Cells (to create enough to keep us covered) goes into temporary Overdrive until we plateau in weight, when the speed slows -- though we're Then responsible to keep making enough at the Higher level of our new girth.

When we LOSE WEIGHT the body is "reading" just as hard and as well. It KNOWS what it has to cover but now it's got all these EXTRA skin cells which are healthy enough to continue to divide, so as to reproduce. By whatever means it can, it begins to "cut-off" the nutrient supply to cells that it is getting rid of. Fewer cells divide, as they rise to the outer layer.

And yes, this takes time. But it's Always happening. Someone who loses 100 pounds of fat in two months will have what appears to be extra skin. Can't help that. But at the end of those same two months of weight loss, the Human Skin of that person has reduced as well. If we could magically inject All the Fat back into their pre-weightloss tissues, there would be 15 to 20 pounds of Fat that just Couldn't be crammed in anywhere, because there is NOW not enough SKIN to contain it.

I hope I'm being clear.

It might take up to a year for the skin to reformulate into a semblance of tight -- but it will happen!!

BUT THERE IS ALSO HOPE for a better (quicker) outcome. There are things that may speed (or streamline) the process. Now, there are folks out there who'll try to sell creams and ointments -- I don't really know about them but I don't trust them. But here are a couple things that will DEFINITELY help.

1) STAY Hydrated. Just the old-saw standard of Eight 8 oz glasses of liquid a day (if it's a diuretic fluid, like coffee or tea, add some Extra water). Water is what carries nutrients to all cells and is the basis of all our internal liquids. Maybe add a no calorie sports drink now and then to maintain electrolytes.

2) Exercise to build Muscle Tissue -- NOT to the point of Body-building. Just Resistance. Not necessarily weights; maybe calisthenics. You're just filling the skin organ with some "new" healthy tissue. The fact that you could become strong enough to climb out of a tiger pit is just an added bonus.

3) Sleep. A Lot. 8 to 9 hours Minimum in as dark a room as you can make it.. The Human Growth Hormone that is activated by good foods and exercise is released from the pituitary gland in highest concentration as we produce melatonin (only during sleep) and cascade that into prolactin.

4) Dry brush your body (with a SOFT bristle brush on a long handle) TWICE a day. If yours is a "normal" 48 hour turnaround for skin-cell regeneration, this will speed things up (your body "reads" its environment, remember). Do this LIGHTLY. No irritation should result. Point of fact you shouldn't notice THIS working any more than you realize you're already losing an entire layer of skin every 1 to 2 days (ummm,... you Haven't really noticed this have you?). And clean the brush often.

So know that we're not out to create Saran Wrap out of our skin, but it's Always adjusting to the demands we make of it.

Blessings,

Marc

16Again
16Again

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:23 am

cyclops eye opeing.. lol.. Thank you Marc bounce :
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:45 pm

hi all,

Today we had a fun time making deals at the flea market.. was great.. I picked up so many great 50's items.. we went to the farmers market yesterday and picked up some yummy fresh berries and veggies.. had a super duper chicken salad for lunch.. soooooooooooooooo yummy

B) nothing.. was out all morning
L)tea and a snack like plate of veggies and crackers and cheese15 bites.. all little veggies..maybe 30 cals.. lol
D) steak 1oz with broc and potatoes plan 10 bites
snack.. just a spoon of yogurt with my meds

so today will be a lower day of 25 bites.. I plan to have 50 bites as I am to eat every two hours, but I can not .. I am just not hungry.. lol.. the 5 bite diet is working.. no hunger fewer bites.. fuller faster.. wow.. my liver is ok today no pain.. meds are working as is tea.. yay for today cat

im not upset about my almost 1lb gain.. I ate chips yesterday and they will make me hold water. lol

I wish you all a great day!! Laughing
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  16Again Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:35 pm

Hi ElleBella,

The Big Guy and I are keeping your liver situation a top-subject in our random chats. Let us know how the physician appt. works out.

So are you a retro '50s nut too? Are you more a fan of the stream-lined "modern" or the "chunky" mid-western of the period?

Glad you had fun.

And your eating sounds "plan-perfect" Cool

Blessings,

Marc
16Again
16Again

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:25 am

Im a Retro nut.. love the colors and the fun music.. love it all ,actually. In Germnay I have all my moms baking goods.. wish I had them here.. I am so sorry for the quality and how it has changed over the years.. I am a bit of a freak for all thing quality..

Thank you two.. much appreciated.. Very Happy
Blessing
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  mommieof2 Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:39 pm

Debbie, sorry to hear about your Gerd's man I wish you could just be magically healed, well you can, but I am praying that for you.

Marc very interesting information about skin. You are very knowledgeable on so many levels. I am a HUGE water drinker and love to exercise so maybe that's why my skin is not sagging. I do need to scrub the dead skin off though.. Anyway great information..
mommieof2
mommieof2

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:38 pm

Michelle.. thank you for your prayers.. I know I can heal this.. I just don't know whats holding me back right now.. ?? I wish for it and pray for it.. you are all signs to me that I'm going in the right direction.. thank you ..xo

Today my daughter and I butt heads.. She is coming down late at night and eating cereal and pbutter..(its so warm at night she can not sleep).. I have told her if she wakes to come to me, and if she is hungry I will help her.. but she is not listening and doing it for herself.. clever little thing she is.. but not respecting me is a problem.. I have sent her to here room for the morning to read and be in a quiet space to think.. I do not spank and do not wish to use scare tactics like my monther did.. so this is a good challenge..lol.. better to figure her out now, rather than when she is 13..lol

B) tea x2
L) Lentil soup 10 spoons
D)steak with salad 10

wish me luck that I stick to it..lol.. hee hee lol!

have a super day all..

OH My Goodness I almost forgot.. blood work was ok this morning.. yay for a Good Monday!
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:58 pm

Is she making a mess and not cleaning it up when she gets her snack. This sounds like a problem I would love to have....my 15 and 10 year old go sit at the table and say "Mom, I'm hungry." Maybe that's just them being little men and your daughter is being an independent young woman...it's in her spirit.
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:18 pm

Lol.. good thinking.. Nope she is eating and putting back empty containers.. lol.. not smart enough yet.. lol.. Does not get that I will figure it out.. lol.. I am hoping her longer time out and talk helped.. we will see.. if not.. well hmmm lol

I was just taking a break and watching a show on moving home to Europe.. People desided on living in Vienna.. I love Vienna.. the greatest part is that they speak german Wink .. Ingo and I have often thought about living there.. day dreaming now.. lol..

K.. back to work.. cherry

Back from dinner.. I am at 33 bites so fare.. I have one more med session today so a few more bite.. should be around 38 bites.. well under my planned 50.. over time once the meds are gone I will really be able to start working that down.. I was reading the 80 bite diet and they say you will lose along as you are under 80 bites.. kind of dought that as you all are not eating anywhere near 80 bites and are not losing as fast as you would like.. hmmmm but I do have the app as it was a whopping 99c and I figured It could me be more on plan.. Im enjoying it ..

Im off to get my little one bath and then her into bed.. I wish to have a nice quiet night.. surfing the net maybe.. or just chatting with friends.. cheers all!
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:01 pm

Hi all.. I did eat a bit more last night but I stayed within my 50 bites.. I lost 1lb and had a horid headache when I woke.. thank goodness for meds.. lol

I am off to go shopping for my little on second hand play clothes.. there is a great little shop close by..

Food is planned

B) eggs 8 bites.. had already
L) have not idea will be out
D) hm gf pizza

Alright all everyone have a Super day.. be kind to yourself.. God Bless
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  mommieof2 Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:08 pm

Debbie I can't remember if you told us your dd's age but my almost 7yr old is a little mommy who likes to have a smart mouth and tell her little sis what to do and she sounds so mean when telling her. I can't say I'm not one for spanking, just my opinion, I feel like there are times when they need to be taught a little lesson. Now abuse- uncalled for- I can not figure out for the life of me what an infant or toddler can do to someone that deserves a sever beating but a small pop on the bum or hand I believe in. Time out does not work for either of my kids and with my 3yr old popping doesn't seem to bother her either. In all honesty I think my kids act really horrible in public and stuff but I always get told how well behaved they are and sometimes I think yes compared to some they are really well behaved. I wished time out worked as it would save on the long lectures and poppings they get at times.

Good going on your 1lb loss and I'm glad you are working on getting things in your tummy worked out. I love to watch househunters international.. I would love to move to a beach front or even Scotland, it's such a beautiful place.
mommieof2
mommieof2

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:55 pm

Good job on the loss!!!! Planning food is a great idea! Have a super 5 bite day!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:00 am

Thank you ladies.. flower

Nina is 7 and is sooooooooooo sweet.. but her sneaky side is not so much fun.. she is a clever little thing.. I agree with a tap on the bum when they are little also, but now I am working on allowing her to tell me what she did wrong and what we should do about it.. its kinda working so fare.. time will tell... Lol..

Today was a nutzo day.. I woke early and headed off to the Market, met a girlfriend and her 3 kids.. walked around in the 41 degree weather.. oh my goodness.. after we walked around for 2 hrs we took them for lunch.. then to the water park to cool off.. we stayed there for a few hours.. came home to find that a 5 litre oil container for the car had tipped over onto my garage floor.. uuugh.. I came in put away all the fresh veggies and fruit to have a door bell ringing.. it was my new neighbor and her two sweet small little ones.. they wanted to play with Nina.. so out came the pool and all the toys.. the tea and muffins.. lol.. oh dear.. they stayed till dinner.. left and I finally was able to get to the oil spill.. Cleaned up all the toys, emptied the pool.. came in a had dinner.. then went back out to sweep up the spill..its 9 now I am soooooooooo tired but I still have to bring in the pool.. lol.. so I guess I should get to that now..

My food was so so today.. did not eat on plan per say.. but did not eat to much either...

Hope you all had a great day.. Cheers cheers
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  mommieof2 Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:55 am

Debbie I have started with Zaina giving her choices and reminding her of her choices, because once they get older all the early discipline has straighten them out some what. Zaina is pretty well behaved but the 3 yr old is a little terror sometimes. Zaina's just got into this smart mouth mommy stage as I mentioned above.. Anyway it sounds like you had a lovely, yet tiring, day yesterday.
mommieof2
mommieof2

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:04 pm

I have been a bit blessed with that.. when she was ready to give me lip I just did not responde and she never bothered.., lol.. just luck..lol Ahh your little one sounds so sweet.. this kids in my townhouse complex range in age from 3 months to 7.. 7 of them in all.. pretty great for Nina.. she has so many new friends.. Yay

It is soooooooooooooooooooooo hot already.. my goodness it will be nice when this heat wave moves off of BC.. eeek.. For you too honey.

Today I am staying home cleaning.. my man will be home in 3 days and I wish to be free to spend time with him and not cleaning.. lol

I am 200 on the nose today.. lol.. to funny.. on plan ony have had a gf muffin and tea

B)muffin with tea
L) lentil soup
D)gf pizza
snack.. cherries
All under 50 bites

Everyone have a super duper day!! cheers
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:22 am

K.. shame on me.. I lost it today.. waited to long to eat and then piged out!! LOL affraid .. My husband coming is making me so freaked out.. its been almost 7 months.. and now I will have him full on for a good month.. Shocked .. lol.. I feel bad about being so stressed but I can not help it.. I want everything to be perfect which is nonesense... I will need to meditate, talk to god... and well just take a deep breath.. Smile

I am so excited that I can have some alone time.. Oh my goodness.. its been such a long time.. I will be getting up and going walking all by my myself.. no dog and no kids.. Music on my head and just relaxing during getting some me time.. this is such a gift.. normally he comes during the time Nina is in school so she only get after her dance classes to be with him.. and weekends.. now they can have some really bonding time.

Tomorrow is a baking day .. all gluten free.. tempting to make a Marble cake.. hope it works out.. lol

I wish you all a wonderful night and a super day ahead.. Cheers!!
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:25 pm

I have struggled with that, too...I can't wait too long either. We have to eat on a schedule or I just can't do it. Don't feel bad about it....it's natural! So happy about your husband's visit. That is awesome and I understand you being stressed and wanting things to be perfect. Have a great 5 bite day! ; )))))))))))))
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:32 pm

Thank you so much beautiful.. I am feeling a bit better now.. Although I did have a rather rocky sleep..Im feeling pretty good.

I did not WI as I hate being a slave.. lol.. I will just WI when the spirit hits me.. lol Laughing

B) 16 cherries.. about 8 bites with tea
L) Lentil soup 10 bites
D) meatball 5 bites with potatoes 5 and baby roasted carrots 5
snack.. none planned but if any.. maybe some almonds 5 bites

38 bites planned today.. I am planning to eat all on time so I am not getting to hungry.

Alright all.. Im off to get the rest of my planned day done!

Cheers cheers
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:41 pm

Its a hot stormy day today.. Its not fun for my man I am sure.. he will be landing in Vancouver in 2 hours and then has a 4 hr lay over .. then on to Kelowna for 7 tonight.. He must be on a bumpy ride right now.. eeek

I did not WI.. was so sick this morning just forgot.. but for those of you who did.. Bravo.. I agree this challenge has not been the best.lol.. We can do this but life has so mabny curves.. lol

Eeeek.. alright back to work I go.. Have a super day both of you flower
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:33 am

Hi all.. sorry I will be back tomorrow.. my man just got back in town.. K.. hugs
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  Pookykat Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:09 pm

Hey...

You visited my journal, so I thought I'd stop by and say hello in yours!

Wanted to express my compassion and understanding and support for all of the trials you have gone through, and are going through. I relate so much. I'm also a cancer survivor, and have been dealing with a complicated medical history my whole life. Things aren't settled - at all! Working through some of those issues right now, but I just can't wait any longer to lose all of this weight and move forward! (Or, maybe it's the only thing that gives me a sense of control when everything else is such a mess!)

Anyway, I'm bad at being kind to myself when I am not well. I just push, push, push through. What about you? I'm hoping, with all you're going through, that you can stop for a moment and do something really nice for yourself. You deserve it!!

The fact that you've been dealing with all you're dealing with and not gaining weight... AMAZING.

Great to "meet" you!! Smile

PS - Glad other people were posting within your journal about the saggy skin thing. It's DEFINITELY a worry for me... Thanks to all!

Pookykat

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:46 am

You are soooooooooooooooooo welcome.. Thank you for your understanding.. so sweet.. Hugs to you for what you are going through..I will not give up ever.. I am worth it as are you and we will make it.. the ladies and gents here are the best.. open and honest all of them.. some days are hard.. but we just get on line and help each other out.. Yay for you joining in.. when you want to be unkind to yourself just remember that you are a perfect pc of creation and that if you believe we have a creator he/she does not make mistakes.. so know how great you truely are.. !! cheers

have a super duper day.. bounce
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:04 am

What a summer holiday it has been so fare.. My man arrived safe and sound. He has been shocked at how hot it has been.. I have not gained any weight even though I have been eating a bit more.. but I have gone to fare with my bites.. my tummy has not loved that.. He will be here for one month.. I will try not to gain... and to even drop some.. will be here for all of you .. but focusing right now is a bit hard.. Tomorrow I will get back to my 50 bites max .. hope I can keep it.. Hugs all

Happy Wednesday all!!
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum