5 Bite Diet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The "Git 'Er DONE!!" End-Of-Summer Challenge

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The "Git 'Er DONE!!" End-Of-Summer Challenge Empty The "Git 'Er DONE!!" End-Of-Summer Challenge

Post  16Again Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:07 pm

60 DAYS 'TIL THE LAST DAY OF SUMMER, 2012... JUST TWO SHORT MONTHS.

What could that mean? What can be ACCOMPLISHED?

I CHALLENGE us all to BE AT OUR GOAL WEIGHT On or Before SEPTEMBER 21, 2012!!!!

[Note: Please SCROLL to
SIX POSTS DOWN THIS THREAD
to find a DO-ABLE GOAL WEIGHT
and for Thoughts on "NORMAL"]
LATE EDIT *

WHAT!!!????!!!

Yes. Whatever our weight Today, by September 21st, we'll BE at our EXACT GOAL.

That means 60 DAYS of Committed STRICTNESS.

That means "Date Lunch" or "Date Dinner" becomes SHARING a Single Meal with our Partner (5 Bites for US!).

That means Celebrating Birthdays and Holidays with a CELEBRATORY 5 Bites. We Celebrate our Dedication and Discipline.

We Keep ONLY the Goal in sight. This is COMMITTING TO BE SLIM AND TRIM. This is NOT just "wanting to lose some fat." It's "Eyes on the Prize." It's seeing the "white tape" across the Finish Line and COMMITTING to Break It! . We are Not IN TRAINING or LEARNING How To Lose Weight. We are COMPETING! This is DOING IT!!!

Just FIVE BITES at Lunch (plus Vitamin & Mineral).
Just FIVE BITES at Dinner.
Zero Calorie Beverages ONLY.
Nothing To It!!

"Until one is COMMITTED, there is hesitancy, the chance to draw back, always ineffectiveness.

...The moment one DEFINITELY COMMITS oneself, then providence moves too.

...Whatever you Can Do or Dream You Can, BEGIN IT.

Boldness has genius, Power and Magic in it.

BEGIN IT NOW."
~ Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

Let's just BE AT THAT WONDERFUL PLACE OF COMPLETENESS.

Who's With Me?

Blessings,

Marc

Last edited by 16Again on Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:13 pm; edited 3 times in total
16Again
16Again

Back to top Go down

The "Git 'Er DONE!!" End-Of-Summer Challenge Empty Day 60 -- Counting DOWN

Post  16Again Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:22 pm

Starter Pistol -- BANG!!

Goal Weight:132 lbs // Goal BMI: 18.5

Challenge Day 60 -- Day 01 = (-0.0) = 00.0 lbs lost. Current Weight: 211.6 lbs BMI 30.0 (pre-strictness)

I've simply Gotta' weigh 210.3 or less, tomorrow.

Blessings,

Marc

You say you wanna get away, / Feel the sun on your back,
Forget the race, / Just get off the track
Well, that's alright / 'Cause I feel that way, too.

Yeah, I been there before, / Don't have to go far
To lose what you "do" / And find who you "are"
Yeah, that's alright... / Start livin' the good life.

from "Cool Me Down" VENICE (Album: Born & Raised)

Last edited by 16Again on Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:39 pm; edited 3 times in total
16Again
16Again

Back to top Go down

The "Git 'Er DONE!!" End-Of-Summer Challenge Empty Re: The "Git 'Er DONE!!" End-Of-Summer Challenge

Post  ElleBella Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:26 pm

I just posted a reply to this.. huh..??? its not here.. ok I will do it again..
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

The "Git 'Er DONE!!" End-Of-Summer Challenge Empty Re: The "Git 'Er DONE!!" End-Of-Summer Challenge

Post  ElleBella Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:01 pm

for me I have 77lb to go.. to reach my personal goal of 125.. the good dr wants a 114 but for that feels to low... I will be honest and say I am not perfect and will mess up.. but I PROMISE I will get back on plan right away and no matter what.. also I am going to eat 15 bites.. 5 each meal.. 3 meals (have to because of meds)

Staring Weight 202

Day 1 201

here hoping we can do it this time.. the last two challenges have not gone over as well as we wished! bounce
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

The "Git 'Er DONE!!" End-Of-Summer Challenge Empty WaHoooo!

Post  16Again Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:50 pm

Right On, DEB!!

Let's GO!! So for you, I'm seeing it as a little over 1 and a quarter pound loss a day. (1.26).

So DO-able. Remember it's STILL all about the hungerstat. Just keep your 5 "bites" uniform. 3 times a day. 4 hours (at least) between meals. A bunch of zero calorie liquids.

Ta-Dah!! We're in it to win it. cheers

Bless ya' Big Time!

Marc
16Again
16Again

Back to top Go down

The "Git 'Er DONE!!" End-Of-Summer Challenge Empty NEW THOUGHT, Same Day.

Post  16Again Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:26 am

HELP in PICKING a WEIGHT GOAL for This CHALLENGE

After giving it some thought, I realize that I could have come across a little Gung Ho.

Add to that, that I'm a MALE (and yes, we tend to lose weight faster -- sorry Shocked ), I came up with an idea...

What if the weight-loss goal for this CHALLENGE for us is to reach a BMI of 25 (the highest end of "NORMAL," ranging from BMI 18.5 to BMI 25)?

Well, for me that would be 174 POUNDS. I haven't weighed under 200 POUNDS in over 30 Years!! So you can imagine how long it's been since I've been "NORMAL."

Perhaps a GREAT GOAL would be to Just Drop-Out of the Ranks of the OVERWEIGHT (Not to mention, the Obese, where I am now) for the first time in years.

So GO TO THIS LINK: BMI Calculator and plug in your "height" and a number for a "weight" you Imagine is around a BMI 25, and hit [Calculate BMI].

If the BMI number is above 25, just lower the weight by a few Pounds and "Calculate" again, and again, 'til you discover what a 25 BMI is for your gender, at your height.

I found I would have to lose only 0.61 Pounds a Day (or 4.32 Pounds a Week) to reach Normal, instead of the 1.33 Pounds a Day (or 9.32 Pounds a Week) that I calculated in "Post # 1" of this Challenge.

If anyone chooses a Lower BMI (thus, Lower Weight) GREAT! But how Great it would be to simply KNOW we've reached and can claim a "NORMAL" Weight... and move on from there?!?!?
bounce cheers bounce cheers bounce

FIND YOUR NUMBER,... STICK TO IT,... and MAKE IT HAPPEN.

I'll Shut Up, now.

Blessings,

Marc
16Again
16Again

Back to top Go down

Post  16Again Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:44 pm

Challenge Day 60 -- Day 01 = (-0.0) = 00.0 lbs lost. Current Weight: 211.6 lbs BMI 30.0 (pre-strictness)
Challenge Day 59 -- Day 02 = (-1.4) = 01.4 lbs lost. Current Weight: 210.2 lbs BMI 30.0 (Calmly Joyous)

Yeah, I'm pretty happy. I just want to "slow glide" into this thing (and keep true ecstasy reserved for days I have it really tough and Still stick to plan -- And, of course, for the end stretch).

Today my BMI (on my electronic scale) was 29.8!!

Now, that's cause for CELEBRATION. I'm Officially "OVERWEIGHT" ( cheers YAY!! cheers ) and no longer "obese." Yes, I was a lower weight than this, even this month -- but this is the first time I READ it on the scale. Also, Body Fat %, now, is 28.2%.
16Again
16Again

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:58 am

sorry this is so short but I am off to bed.. worked all day in the garage.. fixed bikes.. the whole day of moving.. I had to many bites but I stuck to way under 30..

Day 1 202
Day 2 201.2

No worries Marc on the gung ho thing.. I am the same.. so want to get down.. for now with my husband being here I will be lucky to lose 2lbs if that.. he is so hard to work on this one.. when he leaves on the 14 of Augs.. I can buckle down and control things better..My number is to get under 200 in the next 3 days.. mini goal.. lol

Cheers all!!
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaci002 Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:12 pm

Hi all

Im defo up for this challenge, 22 Sept is my 40th birthday party so perfect timing!!
Havent weighed today but will post stats tom.

Lets go!!!

xx

Kaci002

Back to top Go down

Post  Pookykat Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:05 pm

Ok. I'm in!

I need some support to keep it strict after a rough week.

It's just not feasible, though, for me to get down from 205 pounds to 155 pounds (puts me at the top of the "normal" BMI category) in 60 days, is it??? 50 pounds in 60 days? Well, that's slightly less than a pound a day, so maybe... (a little more challenging for women, especially those of us with hormonal challenges... but I want to set the bar HIGH. What's that saying? Aim low and that's what you;ll hit?)

My goal has been to hit 176 (or less) by September 5, when I get on a plane and head off to a family gathering. That's 30 pounds (minimum) for me in 6 weeks. Very doable, I think.

Mini goal: Break 200 by the start of week 3, which is a week from today.

Best wishes and luck to all!

Pookykat

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaci002 Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:03 pm

Hi

Well my goal is to get down to around 161 lbs from approx 201 lbs so thats a 40 lb loss - then I will give myself a new goal.
Not sure as you say if 40 in 60 days is poss esp ith Thyroid but I am aiming high and just going to push myself as much as I can.

As from tomorrow (Thu) I will start posting each day and will weigh myself.
I've been letting a few sneeky coffee with milk get in each day and the odd bite of dark chocolate so again from tom 100%.
I HAVE to lose this weight for my 40th party - I REFUSE to hit 40 feeling this rubbish.

To ask I have been adding a small spalsh of no added sugar Ribena to my water to help get my supplements down - I think it has about 4 cal, do you think I should cut this out??

So from tom I will weigh and post food and stats - Im classing tomorrow as my day 1 as helps me focus so i'll be a day or so behind you all.

xxxx

Kaci002

Back to top Go down

The "Git 'Er DONE!!" End-Of-Summer Challenge Empty The Slippery Slope

Post  16Again Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:21 pm

Challenge Day 59 -- Day 02 = (-1.4) = 01.4 lbs lost. Current Weight: 210.2 lbs BMI 29.8 (Calmly Joyous)
Challenge Day 58 -- Day 03 = (-0.7) = 02.1 lbs lost. Current Weight: 209.5 lbs BMI 29.4 (Pleasantly Chillin')

ElleBella, I'm so proud of you! Stay Glorious.

Welcome Kaci and Pookykat to the Great Global Poundage Ski Slope; where the only movement is Down! We're on our WAY!!"

[NOTE: My "Roller Coaster" metaphor, above, was so dis-heartentingly STUPID to me -- with its images of "Ups-and-Downs" AND as though we're just along-for-the-ride AND as though there is but a Single Destination at which we'll all arrive at the Same Time... HA!! -- that I've switched my thinking to a Ski Slope. Actually, more like a Ski Excursion, but more on that later]

And just so you both (and everyone else) know(s), The ideas I've offered about picking a Goal Weight in this thread are VERY Fluid. Any Goal we choose for this short time span is just that... "The Goal" for this Challenge. If it's not Humanly Possible to be a a BMI of 25, choose something sane (and just a little "challenging" Basketball ).

It's the Mindset that's strict. ONE Destination at a time. But we MUST Keep that Destination FOREMOST for these next 58 Days. There IS NO DESTINY without a DESTINATION, and all it takes is to Choose One!! sunny

[NOTE II: In an effort to spare folks from my (as it's sure to be) excessive writing about "The Great Global Ski Excursion," while dipping, here, into the Challenge... I'm going to spill it all out over in my Journal (see Today's date). You can come check it out there, if you have the time, and the inclination.]

I LOVE that we're doing this. Let's GO TEAM!!!

Blessings,

Marc

Last edited by 16Again on Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
16Again
16Again

Back to top Go down

Post  mommieof2 Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:28 pm

Hello Everyone, Marc I'm in I truly would love to get to my goal by sept. My goal is around 45lbs so between 135-140 is my goal weight. I'm not sure about my bmi right now but I will check that out. My machine gives me a higher bmi than the bmi calculators on line. I will start stricter today and keep on keeping on.. So 3 days ago when this challenge started I was at 181.4 so that was my weight on my weekly monday weigh in..

Day 01 181.4
Day 03 182.4

so that's a lb gain not sure what the gain is from because I didn't eat anything but toast yesterday with my tea, I honestly think that since I'm working I'm not consuming enough water that my body is use to. I drink 3 liters a day to maybe a liter a day and I can tell it. Anyway we will see what tomorrow holds. My hubby has made me a promise that if I get below his weight by Aug. 18 when we head out of the country he will give me ANYTHING I want so that's my goal. His weight right now is 168 so that's 15lbs to get under his weight in 3 weeks that's doable, right? Okay strict strict strict that is the moto here..... Good luck all
mommieof2
mommieof2

Back to top Go down

Post  16Again Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:49 pm

Challenge Day 59 -- Day 02 = (-1.4) = 01.4 lbs lost. Current Weight: 210.2 lbs BMI 29.8 (Calmly Joyous)
Challenge Day 58 -- Day 03 = (-0.7) = 02.1 lbs lost. Current Weight: 209.5 lbs BMI 29.4 (Pleasantly Chillin')
Challenge Day 57 -- Day 04 = (-2.0) = 04.1 lbs lost. Current Weight: 207.5 lbs BMI 29.0 (All Grins)

So glad to see everyone on board. I'll be back today with more. But, for now, I gotta' Scoot!

Blessings,

Marc
16Again
16Again

Back to top Go down

The "Git 'Er DONE!!" End-Of-Summer Challenge Empty Hi mommie

Post  16Again Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:54 pm

Yeah, that's SO DO-ABLE!! Actually that's 15 pounds in 21 Days (so, a bit over a half pound per Day).

Two thoughts. Maybe Try for 166 (still less than a pound a Day), in case your DH loses a couple pounds, himself. Don't put Anything passed us Guys Shocked .

You might also get him to eat a Big Hunk of German Chocolate Cake or Fudge with EVERY MEAL, until the 18th! He could be Up To 176 lbs by then, and You, at 166, will be 10 lbs LIGHTER!! Aha!! Twisted Evil "All's Fair in Love, etc...." Just kidding. (No, I'm Not Twisted Evil ) (Yes, I am)

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Welcome to the Challenge. We're On-A-Roll!!

It's All DOWNHILL from here!!!

Blessings,

Marc

16Again
16Again

Back to top Go down

The "Git 'Er DONE!!" End-Of-Summer Challenge Empty A Visualization (Do We Do That, Here?) SURE!!

Post  16Again Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:33 pm

Imagine, for a moment, an Alternative Universe...

Where our Replica Counterparts are UNDERWEIGHT by the Exact Amount we are Overweight.

It's very sad. They are sickly and weak. They need Our Help.

Only WE can send them a Pound or more per day, across the Void.

WE CAN "Right the Scales" of Inter-Universal Imbalance! We MUST!!

We will Meet at the PERFECT Center-Weight, for both of US.

As the Charity Organizations say, "Give what you can. Give often."

We're Saving More than our Own Lives, here. Remember that.

Blessings,

Marc

P.S. If everything is "reversed" over there, my counterpart's name is "Cram."
16Again
16Again

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:48 am

Hi all,

Sorry I have been MIA.. its been a very busy week.. we have been house hunting.. Then today I had my check up and they desided to schedule my op for August 4th.. should be home in few days.. then heal time.. at the moment I am changing over from food to smoothies and soups.. no challenge for me anymore till this is over.. I promise to return to challenge when I am back on food.. I wish you all the best in luck with getting to your goal ..me too.. I will get there.

Cheers! Keep up the great work!! cheers
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  mommieof2 Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:12 pm

Hello all,

So I'm not losing weight like I would want to, however, I look thinner to myself. My legs are getting smaller..

Day 01 181.4
Day 04 182.2

I'm down from yesterday .2lb I was 182.4 but that's okay because I could have a 2lb loss tomorrow, who knows. We shall see.. Happy 5 biting...

mommieof2
mommieof2

Back to top Go down

Post  16Again Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:05 pm

Challenge Day 57 -- Day 04 = (-2.0) = 04.1 lbs lost. Current Weight: 207.5 lbs BMI 29.0 (All Grins)
Challenge Day 56 -- Day 05 = (+2.0) = 02.1 lbs lost. Current Weight: 209.5 lbs BMI 29.4 (All Fewer Grins)

Well, Dang.

Too much food, too little exercise, too little sleep. Add to that, a new medicine protocol: A Bad Equilibrium for me. Details are in my Journal.

[Comment on the metaphor: It's a cold night out, when you don't make it to the "warming hut" by sundown. Just saying.]

TODAY is what we Focus On. Not the readings on Tomorrow's Scales. There's JOY in NOW!!

Blessings,

Marc
16Again
16Again

Back to top Go down

Post  16Again Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:44 am

Challenge Day 56 -- Day 05 = (+2.0) = 02.1 lbs lost. Current Weight: 209.5 lbs BMI 29.4 (All Fewer Grins)
Challenge Day 55 -- Day 06 = (-1.0) = 03.1 lbs lost. Current Weight: 208.5 lbs BMI 29.3 (Back in The Groove)

I'm kind of afraid I've been writing too much, to the point where others feel stifled. It wasn't my intent. I'm sorry, if that's been the case.

I'm just going to blast on, Full Steam, with as much encouragement to all as I can muster. But in a quieter way.

Let's do this, everybody! Very Happy

Blessings,

Marc
16Again
16Again

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:34 am

You are doing fine.. just keep up your steller work!!
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  mommieof2 Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:18 pm

Marc, I like reading your post so keep on doing what you are doing.. Congrats on getting back to the weight loss. I'm not doing so well for some reason I am retaining water a lot, I can only assume it's the lack of water due to the fasting and not drinking much.

I have been reading about protein being the one important nutrient to push your body into ketosis and cause the rapid weight loss. I do know when I did diet wise I ate a ton of protein and very few carbs from breads..

Anyway so I weighted in at 185 this morning which is a 4lb gain from day 1 I am very swollen, again not sure why, but I will keep on keeping on to get below the 180's..
mommieof2
mommieof2

Back to top Go down

Post  16Again Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:08 pm

Challenge Day 55 -- Day 06 = (-1.0) = 03.1 lbs lost. Current Weight: 208.5 lbs BMI 29.3 (Back in The Groove)
Challenge Day 54 -- Day 07 = (-0.5) = 03.6 lbs lost. Current Weight: 208.0 lbs BMI 29.3 (I'll Take It)

Okay, so I'm being even MORE strict than usual for the past 3 days (since the 2 lb gain Twisted Evil)

I've eaten 3 Bites at lunch and 3 Bites at dinner, each day... But I'm losing slower than at my average. One thing I know... The Hungerstat definitely works. I'm not missing those two extra bites, at all.

Now it's got me wondering about "antibiotics" and whether they cause water retention. I'm a bit "puffy." My physician says I'm to complete the "cycle" -- two weeks. This might be an interesting phenomena to discover, if I actually go back to losing over a pound a day when it's finished. If I DO get back to over a pound a day, during the "cycle," this question might be moot.

Blessings,

Marc

P.S. If you're interested, today's journal is about exercise.
16Again
16Again

Back to top Go down

Post  16Again Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:17 pm

Challenge Day 54 -- Day 07 = (-0.5) = 03.6 lbs lost. Current Weight: 208.0 lbs BMI 29.3 (I'll Take It)
Challenge Day 53 -- Day 08 = (-1.5) = 05.1 lbs lost. Current Weight: 206.5 lbs BMI 28.8 (Feels Right)

Perhaps I should be a little reflective. It's the first day of the second week. And in spite of the jerky little U-turn in mid-week, I feel good.

I love this Diet. I truly do...

And Y'all, of course.

Blessings,

Marc
16Again
16Again

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:44 pm

You are doing great.. your meds dont seam to be holding you back now.. Yay bounce
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next