5 Bite Diet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

staying strong so far

+14
Peekachu82
teaismyhappyplace
Snow White
misunderstood
eveangel22
16Again
Sarah Beth
Lyra
insanity
kizzykay
Dmac
spryng
connie
Jesabelle
18 posters

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

staying strong so far - Page 9 Empty Re: staying strong so far

Post  spryng Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:52 pm

A size 4 would be amazing!!! you have done such a great job Smile

snowwhite, I agree with you about the finish line.. the finish line really is just another starting line because maintenance is it's own challenge and journey for sure. I've lost the weight several times but maintenance kicks my butt every time but this time I want to learn more, I want to do more and I want to live more instead of just eat more so I'm excited to be there again in a few months Smile
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:49 pm

Well said great way to look at maintenance
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  Jesabelle Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:26 am

Sorry-haven't posted-I've been so busy. I am trying to get my daughter's bedroom ready. She moved out two years ago and we have been using it as a spare bedroom/ storage space and I have been getting it ready for her. She's moving back in on Sunday. I am going to try really hard to not get stressed and not eat more than my 5 bites for lunch and dinner. She can be a handful...

B-coffee
L-5 bites beef taco
D-5 bites adobo chicken and rice Smile

Well, back to the gym tomorrow-the room is ready and I can't use cleaning as an excuse not to go. rabbit
Jesabelle
Jesabelle

Back to top Go down

staying strong so far - Page 9 Empty Monday weigh in 2/27/12

Post  Jesabelle Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:06 pm

Wow! I am 8 ounces from my goal!!!! I think that I am going to try for the 108 Smile I figure it's only 7 more lbs and then I can start maintenence. I will post before and after pics this week. I will check in a bit later with my daily menu. What a Face
Jesabelle
Jesabelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:49 pm

Congratulations that's awesome way to go alien
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:37 pm

wow, just .8 oz!!! I'm so so so so proud of you! I can't wait to see those before and after pics!
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

staying strong so far - Page 9 Empty : )))))

Post  Snow White Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:31 am

I am soooooooooooo proud of you! : )))))))))))))
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  Jesabelle Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:16 pm

So, I have a Dr's appt today-I have to fast in order to get bloodwork done. I am going to change my weigh ins to Friday just because I can get an official weight Smile I'll check in later with my numbers.
Jesabelle
Jesabelle

Back to top Go down

staying strong so far - Page 9 Empty Official weigh in 3/2/12

Post  Jesabelle Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:41 pm

My weigh in at Dr's office-114

B-nothing
L-5 bites greek yogurt(all i had time for)
D-5 bites chicken and rice
Jesabelle
Jesabelle

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:15 pm

awesome weigh in!!! now that you are so close to your goal, are you seeing big changes with your body? like at what weight did your stomach really start to flatten? I know I've had 4 kids but at 136.6 my weight is still mostly in my stomach, I'm hoping in the 120's this really starts to change, when did it change for you? and do you also go down in sizes much quicker now or are they still around every 10 lbs lost?
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  Jesabelle Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:44 am

Spryng-I think that I really started to notice changes around 130 like my thighs weren't rubbing together and my arms didn't press against my boobs from the side. then around 125 I started to notice that my hips looked slimmer and that I had much more of a waist line. 120 I really started to notice that my bootie didn't look so big and I no longer had a bra line on my back and now my upper stomach is really slim and my lower stomach is much smaller (I only had 2 children, but I weighed around 102 lbs when I got pregnant with both of the girls ( and they were both over 8 lbs) so unless I get a tummy tuck I don't think my stomach will ever be "flat" again Neutral The pants that I am currently wearing are a size 27 and they are starting to bag on my legs and bootie, and at 120 they fit fairly snug, so it seems that at this weight a new pant size is every 6-8 lbs. It's strange because my children don't ever remember seeing me this thin (the last time I was really thin was 8 years ago)and they keep remarking how skinny I am. It feels really nice to hear that Very Happy
Jesabelle
Jesabelle

Back to top Go down

Post  insanity Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:56 pm

Thanks for posting the detailed description. I hate how my thighs rub together, and my arms rub against my side boob fat! And the back fat around the bra line is annoying. Nice to know there is a light at the end of the tunnel.
insanity
insanity

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:43 pm

Thanks so much Jesabelle! This gives me a great idea of where my body is heading for sure, I cannot wait to see those results. Yeah if I ever want a flat stomach too I'd need a tummy tuck as well. In fact I had wanted to get one this year if I was at goal in feb but that didn't happen but now I'm thinking next Feb would be good, gives me time to hit my goal and prove I can maintain it for several months before I go under the knife, something to look forward to Smile
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

staying strong so far - Page 9 Empty Weight for Friday 3/9

Post  Jesabelle Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:40 pm

My weigh in is

I have been so overwhelmed with my oldest back home. I love her dearly, but she is a handful What a Face I am working with her school to make sure that she graduates in time and running araound far more than I was before she came home. I am hoping that everythng will settle down in the next week or two because I am really tired Shocked I am hoping to lose just 5 more lbs and at that point I will start maintenance.

I know that I said I would post before and after photos, but I have been sooo busy. I need to have one of my girls take an after photo. I definitely have before photos affraid
Jesabelle
Jesabelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:41 pm

Jesabelle, I can't wait to see your photos! Please continue to post as you get on your maintenance plan. I have lost and gained this weight back 3 times. I know how to lose weight...I just don't know how to keep it off now that my metabolism has changed so much. Your maintenance plan could help a lot of us understand what to do. You continue to be an inspiration to all of us!
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:57 pm

I agree with snow white, you'll be our first maintainer to post regularly so we can't wait to see what works for you and I cannot wait for those before and after pic!!! I'm dying here! I know you look amazing! Smile
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  herbsgirl Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:11 pm

Soooo Close to maintenence!
herbsgirl
herbsgirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:35 pm

Are you in maintenance now if so hows it going?
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  Jesabelle Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:04 pm

Hi Dmac-

yes, I have been following maintenence. I somethimes find it hard to eat a bit more than the 5 bites x2 and just recently dropeed to 112. I find that I am a bit too thin under 114 lbs. It really is amazing that this diet can so easily become a lifestyle and you don't have to think much to keep the weight off. My brain actually tells me exactly when my stomach is full and my stomach agrees. Finally, they are both wroking together just ike they are supposed to. I am still checking in on all of the 5 bites and enjoy reading all of the posts. I enjoy following each and every journey Very Happy
Jesabelle
Jesabelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:49 pm

That is wonderful to hear! So what I'm hearing is that really don't even have to count your bites anymore, you just know when to stop and you do! That's great! Can't wait until I'm right there with you! Very Happy
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:24 pm

I'm with you there Snow White, I cannot wait to join her on her maintenance journey! The stomach and mind finally working together is an awesome thought!
Jessabelle, so you are still skipping breakfast? I see you are still losing weight, how are you going to increase your food intake to stop that weightloss?
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  Jesabelle Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:06 pm

Spryng-it seems as though I fluctuate between 113 and 115. I have not added breakfast, but I normally add a few more bites than 5. Last week I did have breakfast with my husband one morning. I ordered a breakfast buritto and it came with a side of fruit. I ate half of the burrito and the entire bowl of fruit ( 3 grapes, 3blackberries, 3 slices of banana, and 1 orange slice). I ate that around 8:00- I wasn't hungry at all until dinner (I realized around 3 that I hadn't eaten a thing and then decided to wait for dinner). I still trying to get used to taking more than 5 bites without feeling guilty and also not over indulging because I feel that something tastes so good I want to ignore my "full" signal. I am hoping that in a couple of more weeks I will have this all sorted out What a Face
Jesabelle
Jesabelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:32 am

Thanks for sharing that with us! So, you are not counting bites at all...you are just waiting for your "full" signal???? Again, we are all so proud of you and your pictures are such an inspiration! Very Happy
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

staying strong so far - Page 9 Empty hi

Post  ramanrai Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:55 pm

jesbella how long did it take u to get to ur weight few months and should i just weigh once a week rather daily ??? planning to do snickers for 1 or 2 days can't get under 135.2 stuck Sad really want to get to 130 by april 6 ( my sons birthday party) short goals for now, but u look amazing saw ur pics and advice pls let me know Smile

ramanrai

Back to top Go down

Post  Jesabelle Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:34 am

Hi Ramanrai-

I started the diet nearthe end of October, so it took about 4 months. I would only weigh once a week-just becuase when you are dieting this hard and you see even a single ounce it makes you feel like the 5 bites just isn't paying off and you could lose focus. Eating the candy bar is fine. i found that if I had the candy in the evening then I didn't want to eat anything sweet later in the evening. Also, drinking plenty of water helped with the weight loss and the hunger Smile I think that if you really do stick to just the 5 bites x2 you could reach your April 6 goal Very Happy
Jesabelle
Jesabelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next