5 Bite Diet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Daily Bites :-)

+4
ElleBella
buffy2327
blaqpepa
Daani
8 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Daily Bites :-) - Page 3 Empty Re: Daily Bites :-)

Post  unpeuformidable Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:22 am

Today was not good. Very stressed. Ate much more than 10 bites. Today was not good. Tomorrow will be better. Much, much better.

unpeuformidable

Back to top Go down

Post  Daani Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:06 am

You stumble, you fall - you get up and keep going. You can do this.

Daani

Back to top Go down

Post  unpeuformidable Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:30 am

Thank you, Daani. I really do appreciate it. Tomorrow, I'm sticking with the basics. Going back to how I started: boiled eggs and fruits/veggies. Simple and nutritious. Hopefully, that will help.

unpeuformidable

Back to top Go down

Daily Bites :-) - Page 3 Empty Relaxing the rules

Post  unpeuformidable Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:16 pm

I am upping my intake to 30 bites and keeping my eating window the same. Upping my intake will also allow me to exercise more, and I feel flabbier lol, even though I am thinner, so I want to fix that.

2:30 - 3:30 (not rushing myself to finish a meal) is 15 bites
4:30 - 5:30 (again, no rush) is 15 bites

So far, I have had a 10 bites of frozen apple skin (I save them from whenever I bake/cook with apples). They make a nutritious snack! Plus, 5 bites of coconut mackerel with white rice.

I stopped myself naturally at 5 bites of the richer meal, which I feel very good about. I won't force myself to eat if I am not hungry around 5. But, I will not allow myself to eat after 6.

I'm changing the rules in order to make this work for me.

unpeuformidable

Back to top Go down

Post  Daani Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:12 pm

If you eat more then 5 bites you will loose slower but if you can work with it better eating some more then you are good. I eat more then 5 bites, just can't do only 5 right now. I know it will take longer but that's ok too. I will get there and you will get there. Just takes time.

Daani

Back to top Go down

Post  Daani Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:12 pm

If you eat more then 5 bites you will loose slower but if you can work with it better eating some more then you are good. I eat more then 5 bites, just can't do only 5 right now. I know it will take longer but that's ok too. I will get there and you will get there. Just takes time.

Daani

Back to top Go down

Post  unpeuformidable Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:48 am

At this point, I'm okay with slower. In a week, I lost the amount one normally loses in a month (a little over 10lbs). I can always lower it back down to 10 bites a day later.

For dinner:
2 bites of coconut mackerel and rice
7 bites of frozen apple skins
4 bites of fresh pear

It was nice to get in some fruit today. I wish I had more fresh veggies at the moment, but I have only frozen (easier to maintain with 5 bites).

unpeuformidable

Back to top Go down

Post  slimjen Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:27 am

You are doing wonderful. You should definitely find what works for you! Once I get to 150 I will too!
slimjen
slimjen

Back to top Go down

Post  beeonne Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:23 pm

Hey if the 5x2, doesn't seem to work, then by all means do what you gotta do.
It's better to have a bigger limit and follow through, than a smaller and "fail".

Have a great weekend honey!
beeonne
beeonne

Back to top Go down

Post  unpeuformidable Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:46 pm

Thanks you guys!! I appreciate it.

unpeuformidable

Back to top Go down

Daily Bites :-) - Page 3 Empty I'm back

Post  unpeuformidable Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:16 am

I've been gone for a bit, but I'm back!

I am definitely sticking with Intermittent Fasting, as I think it makes so much sense in the long run. Now, for counting bites, I've returned to counting calories because sometimes I like to take small bites (one blueberry at a time), and sometimes I like to take large bites (salads, etc).

I've limited my eating window to one meal, and I give myself an hour or so to finish the meal. Tonight's meal was about 500 calories, which oddly enough, is about the average for my 10 bites (I would make my bites calorie dense when doing the 5 bite diet). Still, I took way more than 10 bites (40-50 bites, about). I prefer this, at least for now. Plus, I got to take in a good amount of fruit and veggies.

My weigh in for this morning was 141.8lbs. While I was gone, my weight went up to 143lbs. I look forward to tomorrow's weigh in, and I hope it will be a lower number!

unpeuformidable

Back to top Go down

Post  slimjen Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:43 pm

That's awesome. I'm so proud of you
slimjen
slimjen

Back to top Go down

Post  unpeuformidable Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:11 pm

Thanks slimjen!

unpeuformidable

Back to top Go down

Post  GloryCats Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:14 pm

I'm new on this forum but I've been reading your journal and I just wanted to say, keep up the great work! I also count calories; I have weird eating rituals and I like to pick my food apart and take tiny nibbles. I don't think I'll feel as satisfied taking 5 normal people bites of food as I do taking 15 mini bites- even if it's the exact same quantity food. I figure, if Dr. Lewis recommends Snickers bars which are 250 calories x2, as long as we eat around 500 calories a day we'll have the exact same weight loss benefits as everyone else. You're doing great!
GloryCats
GloryCats

Back to top Go down

Post  unpeuformidable Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:27 pm

Thanks Glorycats!

And I totally agree with you on the nibble thing Very Happy I'm a foodie at heart and love to take the time to really enjoy and savor my meals. Yesterday, I set the table and ate an awesome salad and took my time eating it (probably 30 bites or more); it was really enjoyable.

I really appreciate how the 5BD has introduced me to intermittent fasting. Shortening my eating window to 1-3 hours (1 hour on low calorie, around 300-600 calories, days and 3 hours for higher calorie, like around 1200-1500 calories, days) is really helping me control my eating without feeling the brain fog, etc--->I'm returning to university and need my brain to be in tip top shape.

I'm also really learning to relax about the number on the scale. It fluctuates for so many reasons: water retention, glycogen stores, food weight, hormones, slowed digestion, strength training, etc. Every single day, I'm eating at a deficit. This means that every single day, I am losing weight. Especially with IF, it's so cool to understand that we are helping our bodies get their main fuel from our fat stores instead of the food we used to constantly eat!

unpeuformidable

Back to top Go down

Post  unpeuformidable Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:37 pm

This morning, my weight is 141.2 lbs. Even though it fluctuates (yesterday was 143 as was the day before), my average weekly weight decreases, which is an important positive sign. In addition, my clothes continue to become more loose. Also, since switching from the 5bd to doing my own thing (my own thing is becoming more and more like another intermittent fastivng plan except I count calories and make sure to keep my calorie counts around certain ranges, though ha, lately I tend to exceed them!), I've lost 0.5 more inches off my hips. So, remember that the scale isn't the only way to measure change.

This may be my last post on the 5bd forum as I really am no longer following the diet. But, I get notifications in my email when I receive a pm, so I'm always around for support!

The best of luck to everyone, and I know you ask will reach your goals in due time! Find whatever works for you and stick to it!!!

unpeuformidable

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3