5 Bite Diet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Snow White's Journal

+29
Mrs5BD
Challenger
Slimw5bd
username
Yuki526
needhelp
Pookykat
16Again
Scarlet
kelleep26
kimikat3
ElleBella
Maernet
Kaliopikat
mommieof2
amu82
Alexis2012
rmontalvan
rugbygirl87
3jaysmom
insanity
herbsgirl
teaismyhappyplace
Jesabelle
spryng
Dmac
eveangel22
misunderstood
Snow White
33 posters

Page 18 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

Snow White's Journal - Page 18 Empty Food Journal for Wednesday, July 18

Post  Snow White Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:30 pm

b-coffee w/ chocolate creamer
l-planning bulletproof coffee
d-planning water

Day 00 = (-0.0) = 00.0 lbs lost. Current Weight: 187.4 lbs, liquid diet
Day 01 = (-2.9) = 02.9 lbs lost. Current Weight: 184.5 lbs, planning liquid diet

Well I took 4 solid days off from this diet and gained a ton of weight...clearly my body is still aching to be in fat storage mode. Just as it is unbelievable for some to understand how your body could lose so quickly....I am also dumbfounded by the rate at which my body puts weight back on. So, I'm starting over again and it's going to be ok! I am doing a liquid diet for as long as I can make it and then I will be 5 biting and I must decrease my carbs. This is something that I keep trying avoid, but the truth is that my doctor told me back in August that this was something I needed to do for my health with PCOS and I have all but ignored this while being on the 5 bite diet. I justify it by saying that it's such a small amount that it won't effect my condition, but it does and I know it does.

I was all the way up to 187.4 yesterday, but did the liquid diet yesterday and got back down to 184.5....I was at 176.8...so I gained 10.6 pounds in 4 days of being off plan. Unbelievable. But that's just my body and that's why I have been on this diet for so long and probably will need this diet or some other form of restricting in my life probably for a very long time.
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Snow White's Journal - Page 18 Empty Re: Snow White's Journal

Post  Pookykat Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:24 pm

Hi!

Was so glad to get a visit on from you on my journal (and I wrote a lot in response to your very awesome post there), that I wanted to pop in and say hi on yours!

I haven't done it yet, but I am really looking forward to reading through it, and getting to know you. So great to have the support. I think people in the real world would think I'm nuts for doing this. (I've managed to avoid the conversation, thus far).

Will post again when I'm caught up on your adventures!

Until soon!
~PK

Pookykat

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:10 am

PK,
We talked about that too somewhere on this forum about family and friends and what to tell them....I say it's your business and avoid telling them anything. My husband knows and he is very supportive of every thing I do, so I knew he could handle it. However, no one else in my life knows. People will think you're nuts, but this diet works and you know it!!!! Miss 10 pounds in a week!!!!! That is incredibly awesome!!!!! Some suggestions when eating with people are to eat very slowly, complain of a stomach ache (this works wonders), cover your food with a napkin when you're done, get up and throw it away or box it up. It's your business what you eat and how much you eat. It's strange that while you are obese no one tries to stop you from eating, but when you cut back on your portions "food-pushers" want to force you to eat. I really think this is more about them than you. Some skinny people are validated by having a fat friend. If the fat friend starts to get skinny, they lose a little power in their mind...they want to keep you fat. Family can do this as well...although they are doing this without meaning to really.

I have really been struggling lately with these little eating situations that come up where I feel like I have to and want to eat...little celebrations. These seem to come up a lot lately. Some examples: birthdays, Mother's Day, Father's Day, baptisms, date night, and the latest: my youngest son coming home from his first sleep away camp...yes I even ate for that one! I know this sounds like a broken record here, b/c I have mentioned this before. There is a date night approaching this Friday night...I still haven't lost the gain from the 4 days I took off (that is the most I have taken off in months). My plan is to come off my liquid diet which I have been on for 2 days and 5 bite Thursday (low carb) and then eat only one meal on Friday, the date night meal and I have no idea where we are going but I would like to abstain from refined carbs if humanly possible.
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  mommieof2 Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:24 pm

Snow my body does that as well it's very strange how the body is. I am one that needs portion control as well. I don't think I can every eat 3 full meals again. Keep you chin up buttercup and it will come back down.
mommieof2
mommieof2

Back to top Go down

Snow White's Journal - Page 18 Empty Food Journal for Saturday, July 19

Post  Snow White Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:40 pm

Thanks, Michelle!!!! I'm trying to keep my head up like you said. I'm with you...will never be able to eat 3 meals a day ever!

Day 01 = (-2.9) = 02.9 lbs lost. Current Weight: 184.5 lbs, liquid diet
Day 02 = (-3.3) = 06.2 lbs lost. Current Weight: 181.2 lbs, liquid diet

b-coffee w/ chocolate creamer
l-bulletproof coffee
d-diet strawberry lemonade (zero cal.)

Still chasing down the gain....was 176.4...trying to get there and keep going to 165! We are going on a cruise in October and it would be so awesome to be at least 145! Really once I hit 165, that's only 10 pounds a month and surely if I really focus I can hit it.

Ok, so I'm going to give the liquid diet one more day since it's going so well...then date night is tomorrow and this cycle starts again! I'm going to eat on date night, then probably do the liquid diet on Saturday and be back to 5 bites on Sunday. I'm also considering alternating days back and forth with the liquid diet one day and the 5 bite diet the next day. Only 11 more days until I go back to work and I really wanted to be at 165, but I keep sabotaging myself...I know.

Last edited by Snow White on Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  Pookykat Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:04 pm

Woohoo! Congrats on the pounds coming back off!!

(And enjoy your date night!)

Pookykat

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:05 pm

Girl.. wow liquid diet eeeek.. I could never do that.. but I will support you all the way if that is what you want to do.. You are going to be looking so amazing in your new wardrobe on that Ship.. queen So lets get you there!!!

Sorry if I am a bit MIA.. kind busy with work and husband.. but my rythm is starting to take hold.. Yay

Have a Super Duper Thursday cheers bounce cheers bounce cheers bounce cheers bounce cheers bounce Twisted Evil keep that worrier right where you have her.. Cheers!!
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:33 pm

Thanks for the support Debbie! : )))) The liquid diet I am hating now and very glad that I will be eating real food tomorrow! : )))))) I guess this is my way of punishing myself and trying to get that gain off from the 4 days I was off plan. I absolutely cannot go off plan for more than one meal, much less for 4 days...I don't know what I was thinking!

So glad you are getting to spend time with your husband! : ))))) cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Snow White's Journal - Page 18 Empty Food Journal for Friday, July 20

Post  Snow White Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:37 pm

Day 01 = (-2.9) = 02.9 lbs lost. Current Weight: 184.5 lbs, liquid diet
Day 02 = (-3.3) = 06.2 lbs lost. Current Weight: 181.2 lbs, liquid diet
Day 03 = (-2.0) = 08.2 lbs lost. Current Weight: 179.2 lbs,

b-coffee w/chocolate creamer
l- will post
d- Red Lobster Date Night
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  mommieof2 Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:14 pm

Snow look at those numbers girl, they are right back down.. I have been so busy working I have not had time to get online till today. Your doing Awesome... Keep it up and yum-o- to Red lobster and their cheese biscuits..
mommieof2
mommieof2

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:17 pm

OM Gosh you are so close to 175.. exercise time.. Warrior on the move.. you are doing so great.. I also am sorry I have not been on.. summer is busy of course,..having my husband here has been busy.. working .. uuugh .. all that stuff.. But I am with you all.. so keep up the excellent work girl bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  16Again Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:54 pm

Snow!! Wow you're doing GREAT!!

Can't wait to hear more.

Blessings,

Marc
16Again
16Again

Back to top Go down

Post  Pookykat Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:14 pm

Snow,

Hey! Wow, that is so hardcore, going to the all liquid diet. How do you feel? I know your weight is coming down with it, and that's amazing! Congratulations.

I keep thinking of giving myself a health boost by going to a juice fast of green veggie juice (which I actually enjoy drinking), but whenever I have done that in the past, it sets me up to lose my mind and overeat to compensate after just a couple of days. I just can't sustain it.

I think our bodies keep wanting to pop the weight back on because we've been at a certain set point for a certain period of time, and your body wants to maintain it. It's what our bodies do. They are trying to preserve what we have - they don't like to "starve". As we kick and bite and scratch to take the weight off, your body is fighting back, kicking and screaming to maintain the set point it's been comfortably hanging out in for so long. It's just a biology thing, that evolved to protect us so we could survive periods of famine when food wasn't so plentiful and available.

It's why we want to eat so much after not for so long - we're not weak, our bodies and brains are just reacting from a very primitive and primal place.

When you keep that in mind, you realize how well you're doing, Snow! Keep fighting!!

Sorry to be MIA; was having my own struggles with the 5BD. I lost faith when I was diligently 5 biting for a couple of days, but the scale didn't budge, so I had a major cheat day and just ate way too much. Took me 4 days to come back down to where I was, so my end of week 2 numbers are the same as my end of week 1 numbers.

Putting that behind me.

Onward we go!!!!!!!!!

Pookykat

Back to top Go down

Post  mommieof2 Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:35 pm

Snow I want an update chicka,, have you hit your goal of 175... I sure do hope so..... Keep on keeping on...
mommieof2
mommieof2

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:52 am

Hey Beautiful how are you doing.. lets us know.. cheers
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:35 pm

Hey Beautiful Girl, are you on vacation? Or are you just taking a vaca from the diet? Suspect Either way I hope you are doing well.. I miss you Warrior girl Twisted Evil I am off to have my Gerd problem worked on in a few days but will be back on plan in a week or so.. maybe a few days longer..10 days. but I am ready to get back on plan..Hope to find you back also.. Hugs flower
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  mommieof2 Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:36 pm

Yes Snow where are you? I figured you may be getting your class room prepared since school is starting soon. I hope you are doing well..
mommieof2
mommieof2

Back to top Go down

Post  mommieof2 Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:43 am

Missing you Snow, I'm sure your busy with School and other things but check in with us, pleeeaaassseee...
mommieof2
mommieof2

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:21 pm

wow Snow! I had to pop in and say hey, I think you may be one of the last people on here I still know, lol so many new faces, which is great too! I missed you all Smile I see you've been MIA for a bit, I hope everything is ok and you were able to get back down to 176, you've come such a long way with this plan, making it work for you, it's inspiring for sure! I'm using my journal again, at least for the next 20 days, I want to try and lose 10 lbs in the 20 days and then see where I want to go from there so I hope you are back soon so we can motivate each other! Smile
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  Pookykat Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:46 pm

You still around? Hope you're doing well. Smile

Pookykat

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:59 am

Missing my Warrior buddy.. Hugs
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:15 am

Hey everyone!
I really just got so busy and overwhelmed with school starting back and I'm kind of workaholic, too. This is also part of my eating problem...I stress eat. I've not been doing well with my eating. I tried another program for a few weeks, but you know...it did not work. I appreciate all the care and friendships that I have had here and I'm sorry I went MIA for a while. I'm better on this diet than off of it even when I fall, I still lose weight faster than anything else. I love you guys and hope you are all well.

It's going to take me some time to completely recommit to this plan...My hungerstat is out of control big time. This time I am going to ease back into it instead of an all or nothing approach...this may help me with my stress binging which I really believe is a pretty severe form of bulimia...binge-starve/fast-diet-repeat...I'm just being authentic here. I really thought I just had compulsive overeating, but it's full blown bulimia. If I could just learn to consistently intake the correct amount of food for my body, then I know this condition will be cured....these are the things I have been wrestling with during my time away from you. I appreciate your support as always!

Snow
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:19 am

I'm glad your back. I'm shur once you get a few days on plan your hungerstat will set and be alot better
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:44 am

I agree honey.. Your a Warrior and don't you forget it!!! cheers bounce cheers I am so happy to have you back.. I was going to go but you have convinced me to stay and try again.. oh dear here we go.. lol.. Razz

Cheers! Debbie
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:14 am

We can do it, Debbie!!!! I'm so glad you decided to stay! : ))))))
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next