5 Bite Diet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

dmacs journal over 100 down finish strong

+35
needhelp
ElleBella
starfish
kizzykay
Snow White
misunderstood
amu82
Jesabelle
lillian
Moonie
connie
ewhetstone
bumbershoot
jgraston
shnookie
SaltyDog
spryng
Mini Mia
thinderella
starbucks addict
Lisa
LC Cartz
marie.barber
bridesmaidslimdown
Slimw5bd
Everblue
twilight*17
16Again
Readyforchange
renu712000
insanity
Phil
Lyra
teaismyhappyplace
Dmac
39 posters

Page 5 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13 ... 21  Next

Go down

dmacs journal over 100 down finish strong  - Page 5 Empty dmac

Post  bridesmaidslimdown Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:06 pm

I can see how 10 bites would be a lot harder to maintain. I've been struggling this second time around to make sure that I stick to my five bites and my imagination tries to get the best of me reminding me how good more food would feel in my mouth even if after 5 bites my stomach is completely full! Maybe like Marie suggested instead of eating more than 5 bites/ meal try to eat more meals. That way you can stick to the five bites that feels natural to you but still be eating enough to maintain? Maybe that would be easier for you since you are so good at sticking to the five bites! Hope all is well. : )
bridesmaidslimdown
bridesmaidslimdown

Back to top Go down

dmacs journal over 100 down finish strong  - Page 5 Empty Re: dmacs journal over 100 down finish strong

Post  Dmac Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:51 pm

Thanks marie and bridesmaids I think adding the 5 bite meals is guna be the ticket for me because I am so comfortable with 5 n 5. Today is my 2nd day back to 5 n 5 and I'm doing fine its like just right back comfortable frustrated that I can't seam to handle freedom yet but I think getting after it again with more of a plan I will do better the first day was just a free for all hog wild frum the get go. The second time I started better with just the donut in the morning then I planned to do 5 n5 for the rest of that day but some of the guys at work invited me to lunch and I went and had to much and then ended that day with lots of beer and more food and then my third attempt started good lunch stayed good then at about 30 minutes before I was to get off of work I had a some m and Ms that one of the guys offered me it was just a few but it started me on the search for more and more it's that dam all or nothing mindset that I have had thus far but it's hard to imagine that it's just a mindset because when I'm in that mindset it's like I'm starving and can't get full but I'm gana stay away frum that mindset I think having a plan and not deviating frum that plan is what I have to do the good thing is I am good at that not good with freedom when it comes to eating but I am good at sticking to strict plans

So yesterday Snickers for lunch milky way at dinner
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

dmacs journal over 100 down finish strong  - Page 5 Empty Re: dmacs journal over 100 down finish strong

Post  marie.barber Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:26 pm

Great job getting right back on track with 5x5! It's so easy for one or two slip ups turn into one or two weeks of overeating. You're so committed and your'e doing great!

-marie-
marie.barber
marie.barber

https://www.facebook.com/your.lovely.marie

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:30 am

Thanks marie the last 2 days have Ben almond Snickers for lunch and peanut butter Snickers for dinner
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  Readyforchange Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:44 am

Dmac,

I am so glad that you have stayed strong and are reaching for your goals. You, as always, have not let your learning days get you down. Way to go Dmac!

Take care,

Readyforchange

Readyforchange

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:01 pm

Thank you ready. My new plan for maintenance are some rules I think I do better with rules so when I'm above 160.0 2/5 below 160.0 3/5 155.0 4/5 150 5/5 so on. Tomorrow I think I should be 3/5 because today I was at 160.0 so I stuck to 5n5 I think these roles will work well for me at least slow things down so when I go to maintenance I won't go hog wild again stay strong all u 5 biters Very Happy
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

dmacs journal over 100 down finish strong  - Page 5 Empty Find your hungerstat and where you gain weight...

Post  renu712000 Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:11 am

Dmac,

Sounds like you are testing and figuring out what works for you. Good. Keep finding that right balance. Remember you will always have the simple rules to fall back on when gain weight.

The next step is maintaining that weight you want. Since the past few weeks have had learning days..I've noticed what I can do when I get to my goals and how many bites might work for me and when I can use one or two days to eat a few bites more.

Adjust the bites accordingly but remember your weight fluctuates with water and poo in your system..So be mindful of how much water you are drinking and how much solid food you are keeping in. You might not be regular at some point and you will be carrying some of that poo still...

So make sure you have fiber in your diet to get that 'poo' you don't need in you..lols..

Keep going and I am happy you are getting thin! Go go go!

Dmac wrote:Thank you ready. My new plan for maintenance are some rules I think I do better with rules so when I'm above 160.0 2/5 below 160.0 3/5 155.0 4/5 150 5/5 so on. Tomorrow I think I should be 3/5 because today I was at 160.0 so I stuck to 5n5 I think these roles will work well for me at least slow things down so when I go to maintenance I won't go hog wild again stay strong all u 5 biters Very Happy

renu712000

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:25 am

Thanks renu. Today's weigh was 159.4 so I did 3/5
8am 5 bites spicy chicken biscuit. Frum chic fila
noon 2 bites of the chicken biscuit 3 bites peanut butter Snickers

6pm 5 bites Ireland soup and corn bread but it's not really souppy almost had some of that green beer but I didn't I will have some next year so far so good stay strong 5 biters
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:08 am

Today weight 157.8

9:30 am 5 bites of a sausage biscuit frum McDonald's
2:30 pm 5 bites of a peanut butter bar
6:30 pm 5 bites of a Bacon Burger

Today was ez having that third meal today was good it actually felt like I had eaten to much to loose weight. but even with the 3/5 it's not many calories at all. but I'm so used to 2/5 that I felt like I wasn't dieting. That was nice and its Ben nice having a breakfast type foods. hadn't had much breakfast food. even when I would cheat on the diet most the time I would make it past the morning before messing up. So that is a good insensitive not to binge because if I did binge I would go above 160.0. then no more breakfast the harder part about this is it's one more time in the day I have to stop after 5 bites. and as we know those 10 to 15 minutes after eating are often the hardest time not to eat more
but I have gotten good at getting past that. it's just a few minutes

Stay strong all you 5 biters
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  LC Cartz Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:27 pm

Hi DMAC!

Keep up the great work! I just noticed that we're fairly close in age but I'm the older one of us. I think I'll order the book so I have that with me in my arsenal to keep me going.

LC

LC Cartz

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:27 pm

I would definitely order the book I read in whenever I am struggling not to eat. I acutely just ordered a second one to keep at home. I keep the other at work but it's old. And it will be good to have a spare to lone out. I do best if I read it for 10 to 20 minutes every day I've read it like 100 times but it still helps keep me going. Even though I've reached my gole I still read it. when I ordered it lasts Sunday they said 4 days to get there and pre pay only. I called on Thursday and they said it was guna ship on Monday so heads up it might take time to get it but its worth the wait I would still start the diet without it but the book helps alot. I know your guna do great.
stay strong and focused on your goals
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  Readyforchange Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:27 pm

Dmac,

You are setting such a good example for what to do when we transition. Thank you! You continue to inspire us to push ourselves.

Take care,

Readyforchange

Readyforchange

Back to top Go down

Post  LC Cartz Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:52 am

Dmac wrote:I would definitely order the book I read in whenever I am struggling not to eat. I acutely just ordered a second one to keep at home. I keep the other at work but it's old. And it will be good to have a spare to lone out. I do best if I read it for 10 to 20 minutes every day I've read it like 100 times but it still helps keep me going. Even though I've reached my gole I still read it. when I ordered it lasts Sunday they said 4 days to get there and pre pay only. I called on Thursday and they said it was guna ship on Monday so heads up it might take time to get it but its worth the wait I would still start the diet without it but the book helps alot. I know your guna do great.

I will definitely order the book this weekend, don't get paid until Friday though. Do you think I could find this book at Borders or Barnes & Noble?

LC Cartz

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:05 am

Thanks ready. Sunday I ate to much so I'm back to two a day for a wile. but adding the meals in 5 bites at a time is working well I was just hanging out with my family and had more than I should have but no problem. I no how to get it off.
LC I ordered mine frum Barnes & nobles
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

dmacs journal over 100 down finish strong  - Page 5 Empty Exactly....use the book when you can

Post  renu712000 Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:07 am

Dmac,

Exactly..I have the book and also have it in another format to carry along with me everywhere. Its simple if you know what I mean and know how to do it.

I also have the video of him he did with the Gregory Mantell show from Youtube. Its on my smartphone, ipod, ipad, and on computer. I can listen to his talk about how simple it is. I can also share this with others who want to know more by watching the episode.

I am using every technique that will take push me to get to my goals. I try to keep it simple and if I do have a question I look at the book or contact my friend/leader of another group.

So I am sharing also my experience with this forum as well. You have been doing this already for a year so you already know the "learning days", know how to RESET, find the motivation, Remember the success and feelings it brings...SO...you have that in your arsenal.

Hopefully everyone else here and others who join can read both of our journals and take the best ideas and use it to their own advantage.

Keep going, Dmac! Live that life of being thin! Live strong! Be thin! Get thin!

Dmac wrote:I would definitely order the book I read in whenever I am struggling not to eat. I acutely just ordered a second one to keep at home. I keep the other at work but it's old. And it will be good to have a spare to lone out. I do best if I read it for 10 to 20 minutes every day I've read it like 100 times but it still helps keep me going. Even though I've reached my gole I still read it. when I ordered it lasts Sunday they said 4 days to get there and pre pay only. I called on Thursday and they said it was guna ship on Monday so heads up it might take time to get it but its worth the wait I would still start the diet without it but the book helps alot. I know your guna do great.

renu712000

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:53 pm

Your right renu you gota use everything u have at times I had a cupul more days where I didn't watch what I was eating so I'm back to 5 n 5 again. Yesterday I had 5 bites of a mcdubble for lunch 5 bites of a scrimp taco for dinner. hopefully all is well for all u five bitters stay strong and focused Very Happy
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

dmacs journal over 100 down finish strong  - Page 5 Empty well..RESET...REFOCUS

Post  renu712000 Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:12 pm

Dmac wrote:Your right renu you gota use everything u have at times I had a cupul more days where I didn't watch what I was eating so I'm back to 5 n 5 again. Yesterday I had 5 bites of a mcdubble for lunch 5 bites of a scrimp taco for dinner. hopefully all is well for all u five bitters stay strong and focused Very Happy

SO you had learning days...what was the cause?

OK...RESET...REFOCUS!!

One day at a time..

renu712000

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:24 pm

Thanks for the reply renu. I'm on day 5 of 5 n 5 again just checking in. I'm 160.6
Stay strong focused and determined all u 5 biters
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  Readyforchange Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:28 am

Dmac,

I love your determination and drive! You help to keep us all inspired and focused. Keep up the fight. Stay strong.

Take care,

Readyforchange

Readyforchange

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:33 am

Well I binged all weekend but today did 5 n 5 and I'm focused for 5 n 5 for April I've Ben reading my new copy of the book. And it is a little different my original copy is frum2008 in the new one he talks on the benefits of bmi of 18.5 so I'm going to push towards that. but my wife might freak out. So I don't know how I'm guna go about it yet I think ill just keep at it until she asks then cross that bridge but I got a while to figure that out anyway. Also I'm comfortable going under the 155 but I'm not shur about 18.5 that is 125.5 but for now145mabe135 idk something to think on but for now 5 n 5 for April see where I can get stay strong focused and determined all u five bite dieters Very Happy
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  Readyforchange Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:49 am

Dmac,

I know what you mean about the weight associated with a BMI of 18.5. Mine would put me at 111 according to the chart. I am not sure if that weight is too small for me. I'll see as I get closer to goal.

Great attitude about the diet. When you fall off you just get back on.

Take care,

Readyforchange

Readyforchange

Back to top Go down

Post  Lisa Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:16 pm

I wonder if a BMI of 18.5 would be too skinny, particularly for a guy. I think that would be a marathon runner type look. As a woman who has been at a BMI of 18.5 in the not too distant past, I was pretty slender. And I'm someone with a very small frame to start with.

I think you have the right idea: keep dieting on down, and if you reach a point where you feel thin and trim and look good, then maybe that's the right place for you, even if it's not an 18.5 BMI.

Good luck, keep going!!

Lisa

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:04 am

i agree i think an 18.5 is a little small for a guy, especially if we are talking about a toned guy with muscle weight. Honestly its all depending on ur frame and what ur own goals are.
for a girl u can be tiny and not have too much muscle (just tightening it up) and ull still be at an 18.5 bmi and be okay.
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:40 am

Ya I agree I keep moving my goal lower. but I don't think I will move it that low. but I never thought I would be as thin as I am now. when I was 285 I thought at 185 would be to thin. and at 155 I still had a little fat on my stomach but less then the 1" that he talks about in the book so I am comfortable going lower than 155 now but not that low yet. but so far the lower I have gotten the better I have felt. I will probably go off of how I feel. Because I've had people tell me I looked to thin ever since I got below 200 I think everyone is just bigger now so someone in the healthy range looks to thin. But that being said 18.5 is way small and hard for me to imagine. and I would probably look like a Pansy Shocked thanks for the inputs it helps to know I'm not alone
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:19 am

i cant believe how much u've lost. i can only imagine how awesome you must feel without all that extra mass to lug around all day. How long has it taken you to lose that much? Keep motivated!

I'm interested to find out how you deal with cravings/binges..
also how you keep ur appetite under control. Insight would be great.
Thanks!
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13 ... 21  Next