5 Bite Diet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spryng into my journey with me

+31
Maernet
mommieof2
ramanrai
rugbygirl87
3jaysmom
AllieT
pinklipstick
teaismyhappyplace
misunderstood
Snow White
chic
herbsgirl
16Again
starfish
amu82
insanity
LLJames
Jesabelle
shanni82
connie
Moonie
starbucks addict
wstreet8110
jgraston
shnookie
ewhetstone
SaltyDog
Dmac
Greenbeans
Lisa
spryng
35 posters

Page 22 of 27 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 27  Next

Go down

Spryng into my journey with me  - Page 22 Empty Re: Spryng into my journey with me

Post  spryng Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:21 pm

Sorry I wasn't able to get on yesterday, I was pretty bummed, after all week I GAINED .8 lbs.. I know that doesn't sound like much but when you know you've been good etc it sucks. But I plan on having it gone and more this week, I want to get out of the 130's so bad! I'm 135.2 right now.. so gotta keep truckin' as they say, lol

so to drown my misery yesterday we hit the movie theater, watched The Hunger Games. I've read all the books so it was fun to see it come to life on the big screen, and yes they didn't follow the book 100% but they didn't change anything enough to mess up the story. The omitted a couple things, added a few new things (which I actually liked) and changed a couple details but all in all it was good and I can't wait for book 2 to be a movie, Catching Fire Smile I ate too much yesterday, suprisingly nothing at the theater, all that popcorn etc did not even appeal to me but when we left I was starving so I hit the bread basket hard at the restaurant for lunch plus cleaned my plate and then some.. sigh.. oh well, lesson learned. It did make me feel better in the moment but now it's on and forward for this week. Keep moving forward. Smile So anyway, wanted to post my weigh in. Today is suppose to be so warm outside so I plan on soaking up some rays on my patio with my Nook and a cold drink Smile I LOVE spring!
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Spryng into my journey with me  - Page 22 Empty Re: Spryng into my journey with me

Post  insanity Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:07 pm

Sorry to hear about the small gain, how frustrating. I'm sure it must have been adding the carbs back in, plus the exercise. Nice job not eating the popcorn. This has been your only indulgence day in awhile, so no harm done.

Glad to hear you enjoyed the movie! I'm on the waiting list for The Hunger Games book at my library. I'm number 60 in line now, which is down from around 130 something! I look forward to reading the books.

Enjoy your relaxing day!
insanity
insanity

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:14 pm

Wow, that is one LONG waiting list! but its worth the wait, I promise. I have all 3 on my Nook. I just had to buy them since they were so good.

So today was good, a typical monday I guess. Busy at work which I enjoy.

B-nothing
L- 5 bite cheesy chicken enchilada soup over rice
D- 5 bites beef burrito

On and Forward, come on tuesday!
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  insanity Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:45 am

It's great to have a nice Monday! Being busy sure makes the day go by faster. I like your attitude, On and Forward. I feel the same way.
insanity
insanity

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:43 am

How about this: you maintained a 2.2 loss, not you gained .8. That's probably just water anyway! Very Happy
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:07 pm

oh I like that thought Snow White! that does sound much better, lol I just hope to have a loss this week Smile

So now that the weather is staying warm my mind is drifting to beautiful flower beds and fresh veggies growing outside.. do any of you have a garden or plan to have one this year? I downloaded a book on gardening in containers, I think I'd like vegetables that way better so I'm gonna learn how to grow them like that but we'll attack our flower beds this weekend, I have visions of gorgeous blooms in my future! LOL I love spring, lol

So today:

B-nothing
L- 5 bites chicken nuggets and mac n cheese
D- same as lunch

All in all a great day! <3
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:40 am

You'll do great...sounds like you are having a stellar week! Very Happy
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:06 am

Well after I got off here yesterday for some reason some serious hunger set in!!!! I fought it ALL evening and ended up going to bed early just to make myself forget about it... well tonight hasn't been any easier! what is going on! All I do is smell food and crave it and I want to go into my kitchen right now and eat everything in my fridge and pantry! a full blown binge.. sigh.. I'm about to go to bed... sleep it off AGAIN and hope tomorrow is easier.

B-nothing
L- 5 bites mac n cheese and chicken nuggets
D- 5 bites beef burrito
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  insanity Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:09 pm

Aw, I'm sorry to hear you're having a tough time. I was pretty hungry before bed last night myself, and I kept reminding myself that I want to continue to lose and get into smaller clothes sizes. Surely the hunger means you're burning more fat! It seems so cruel that our bodies are programmed to gain fat, but I suppose we wouldn't be here if we hadn't evolved that way.

Stay strong!
insanity
insanity

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:38 pm

I've been having a really hard time this week, too with the hunger! Hang in there! Very Happy
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:18 pm

Another day down.. what is with this week? I swear, before dinner I had a stare off with the bowl of mac n cheese, I litterally wanted to eat the entire thing!! I kept telling myself, NOT TODAY, you can make it through another day... one day at a time but honestly, I'm getting to the point of no return. Sigh.. is it the darn weather? I thought warmer weather made us crave lighter/cooler fare? man I'm craving chinese like there is no tomorrow. or anything greasy, fattening for that matter.

But today:

B-nothing
L- 5 bites chicken nuggets/mac n cheese
D- 5 bites chicken nuggets/mac n cheese

I also peeked at the scale this morning, I'm frustrated there too..it's still showing me up that .8 lbs..nothing has budged! Ok I've heard about set points etc and 135 would definitely be mine.. I was 135 for many many years off and on and it's really hard for me to get under it. I saw 134.4 for a day with the no carb week but then it bounced right back up to 135.2...my scale is still showing 135.2...sigh... ok I'll stop whining.. if it's a true set point I guess I'll just have to battle through it to get it under 135 and KEEP it there.. another day down.. one day at a time...

spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  insanity Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:55 pm

I can't even imagine how frustrating being stuck at one weight must be! I've never actually dieted consistently enough to GET stuck at a weight, in the past I just caved upon any frustration.

As far as the scale goes, it's great that you haven't gained! At such a low-calorie intake, eventually the scale will show a drop.

Your staying strong with 5 bites is so inspirational. Keep up the good work!
insanity
insanity

Back to top Go down

Post  ramanrai Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:49 pm

I understand you , I'm also stuck on that # 135.2, im going try snickers for 1 or 2 days and see if it helps just want to get out of 30's !!!! hang in I'm also with you lets see if we can get under 135 by next week:)

ramanrai

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:03 am

Sorry I didn't get back sooner but I'm thrilled to report I'm down 1 lb! So I'm 134.2... getting away from that 135 barrier so I'm thrilled as long as it continues to keep that direction. I've been working in my yard all day, it's so rewarding to see your yard transform into something beautiful with a little hard work. All my flowers, veggies, etc look so great! But I'm exhausted, gonna be sore tomorrow, lol

anyway, sorry to post and run but I wanted to give you all my weigh in news and hit the sack, have a great evening!
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  insanity Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:02 pm

I'm so excited for you!!!! Congratulations on breaking the 135 barrier, hurray! I'm sure your yard looks lovely, especially after all your hard work. It's so rewarding to enjoy the results of all that work.
insanity
insanity

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:09 am

Great job getting under 135! : )))))))))))))))
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:29 am

Well I'm having a rough time this week.. after my weigh in saturday it's basically been a free for all for me.. I was almost back on plan today until dinner when I just couldn't stop eating, which led to some wine and cookies... sigh... honestly, I have to admit I'm soooo burned out of dieting.. I've been on this diet for 246 days.. or 8 months now.. I'm torn because when people see me they say you don't need to lose anymore, you are looking too thin.. blah blah blah.. you know how it goes. I've still got 19 lbs to hit goal of 115.. but anyway, I might be MIA for a few days. I need to clear my head and refocus and I don't wanna discourage anyone here who is trying so hard by hearing me whine or see me eating off plan. I want you all to stay strong and I'll figure out my next move Smile But I just wanted to post an update so you didn't wonder where I went, lol
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:51 am

I feel like this has been such a roller coaster experience for me like you are describing. I am back on now and I really want to meet my goals. I took another look at my weight loss over the last 3 months and I have to admit that for one month I was dedicated and for 2 months I really was not. If I'm going to reach my goal, I'm going to have commit seriously to what we are doing here. I really feel for you and I completely understand being tired of this. I took a few days off and reminded myself of some things I already knew...like once I go past 5 bites the "elastic" completely lets go in my stomach and I could eat all day and not feel full...also, food really loses its taste after so many bites. It does taste good at first but then it's like diminishing returns after a few extra bites. We're here for you!
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  insanity Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:33 pm

Yep, it's a struggle. I'm struggling also, and I haven't been at this nearly as long as you have. Take all the time you need, though I'll miss seeing you here. And I hope you can forget about the people who want to butt in and tell you to stop losing. Unless it's your doctor telling you, it's really nobody else's business. As long as your doctor is happy with your health, more power to you! My husband got that sooooo much while he was losing 80+ lbs. So many family members and friends kept saying that he had lost too much weight, he should put some weight back on, etc., etc., etc. He felt, and I agree, that people who would have never told him that he needed to lose weight when he was overweight shouldn't now be telling him to STOP losing. I actually went with my husband to a check up visit and spoke to his doctor myself. The doc was happy with my husband's health and weight, and I told everyone who complained that hubby had lost too much, including my mother-in-law, that his DOCTOR was happy with his health, therefore so was I.

If you decide you're ready to stop losing and just maintain your loss, that's great too. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy I just think that WE should make that decision, not other people who just want to complain and are perhaps jealous that THEY couldn't lose the weight.
insanity
insanity

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:47 pm

I totally agree that people are jealous of you and that you should not listen to them! You have to do what is right for you and you alone!
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:44 pm

Hey girl, have you been MIA like me lately??? I'm back and I have to get this done! How are you doing????
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White Sun May 06, 2012 1:35 pm

Spryng, would love to hear how you are doing? Are you in maintenance now? : ))))))))))))))
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Spryng into my journey with me  - Page 22 Empty CHECK IN :o)

Post  spryng Thu May 10, 2012 5:53 pm

I'm so sorry I've been MIA this long. But I did take some time off to try some new things. I wanted to take the month of april to re-evaluate where I wanted to go in my weightloss journey and how I wanted to get there. I do love the 5 bite diet, it helped me lose 35 lbs where I was failing at everything else so I'll be forever grateful. But after 9 months of being on it I was just missing breakfast soooo much and honestly I was tired of counting. I know it's just 5 but still, it was getting old lol so anyway, after I went off 5 bite I kinda had a free for all for about a week. just got it out of my system then I got serious again.. I found the No S diet. Maybe some of you have heard of it? Anyway, it's basically a portion control plan like the 5 bite but it will allow me to include breakfast and take the weekends off. So the premise of the plan is No Snacks, No Seconds and No Sweets except on days that start with S (so the weekends or special days like bdays etc fall into that S category) so at first I gained, like 4 lbs.. it was scary even though I was sticking to the No S diet to a T. It was only because my body was so used to taking in only 300-600 calories a day that the increase breakfast gave me my body really freaked out and just stored everything I guess. But I've been on the No S for 29 days as of today and I've lost those 4 lbs plus a couple of their friends, lol so I'm back in the losing lane and loving it! During the week I only use salad sized plates for my meals. On the weekends I eat what I like but I do stop when I'm feeling satisfied, no more stuffing myself. I can thank the 5 bite diet for help in that area Smile SO all in all I LOVE LOVE LOVE the 5 bite diet, I tell all my friends about it and encourage them to try it if they want/need fast weightloss. But for me, I'm ready to coast into maintenance in another 10 lbs or so and I'm not in a hurry to get there so the No S works for me. It doesn't give fast results but its a plan I can do for life so I'm loving it. (and it allows me to have a glass of wine or two during the week if I choose, alcohol is not off limits, which is nice, lol)
Anyhoo, I hope all of you are having great success on the 5 bite and I'm sorry I didn't update sooner. I was making sure I did this diet for a month before I posted results and whether I was gonna stick to it or go back to the 5 bite. But after 29 days I must admit it's working for me and I'm really and truly happy with my losses now and to come. Smile
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  mommieof2 Thu May 10, 2012 6:06 pm

Spryng,

Looking at your weight loss photo's is what inspired me to start the five bite along with getting to eat what I want. We all need a change from time to time and once you are happy in your skin you should start maintenance with what ever life style works for you. I do have one question, you mentioned being on the diet for 8mths in that 8 mth it took that long to lose the 35lbs? I'm looking to lose the majority of my weight fast and lose the rest with small portions and exercise, do you think this diet will help me lose the 1st 30lbs in 2-3 months? Anyway keep up the good work and keep posting here. Your inspire me...
mommieof2
mommieof2

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Thu May 10, 2012 6:52 pm

yes it will! For me I lose very slowly anyway but if you read through my journal you'll see I was not a perfect dieter, lol some weeks were better than others. It was probably an 80/20 relationship most of the time. But yes if you stick to the 5 bites 100% you can definitely lose FAST on the 5 bites Smile And welcome! I think you are going to do great Smile
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 27 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 27  Next