5 Bite Diet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jojovera's Journey

+3
ElleBella
Snow White
Jojovera
7 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Jojovera's Journey Empty Jojovera's Journey

Post  Jojovera Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:15 pm

Day 1(89 left)
Today marks the beginning of the rest of my life (I like how that sounds). I'm starting over. Since I've tried this before, I've a game plan: REST. There's NO way for me to operate "business as usual" fasting for 12+ hours and eating such little food at mealtimes. I'll continue the exercises (donkey kicks, mountain climbers, fire hydrant etc) because I like the way my body feels and the names are funny. I don't want to be a "skinny-fat" person or flabby so keeping toned is important to me during and after the fat loss process. I'm excited for the day (hopefully starting next weekend) when it'll all be habitual and not such a struggle.

Doom's day(week) is fast approaching. However, I refuse to let that affect the results I crave. I will be at the ready to fight for what matters. Do I crave success more than failure (appetite indulgences)?
I'm grateful for all the busy activities: Googling, journaling, reading, exercising, texting, listening to music, puzzle solving, bubble bathing, and fulfilling work and familial responsibilities.
I slowed my chewing pace by eating 1 bite, slowly, every 5 minutes or so (since it supposedly takes 20 minutes for the brain to register fullness). I would normally finish in less than 5 minutes.
I've been listening to sounds from nature to calm my emotions. So far so good.

I'd like to get bite size Snickers (or cut the fun size in half) for a few reasons:
1. Consistently sized bites
2. 5 bite size Snickers (or 2.5 fun size Snickers) tally up to 200 calories vs 1 standard bar at 280 calories.
3. I get to savor each bite and calm my emotions and the urge to binge.
I'd also like to invest in a kitchen tool called "Fun Bites" that cuts food into bites (marketed to kids, but whatevs, it'd be quite useful to me).

Lunch took me 30 minutes to eat 5 bites of a standard Snickers bar (I pre cut them and refrigerated them overnight in my cute hearts decorated baggie). :-)
+

Last edited by Jojovera on Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:17 pm; edited 4 times in total
Jojovera
Jojovera

Back to top Go down

Jojovera's Journey Empty Re: Jojovera's Journey

Post  Snow White Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:31 pm

Do I crave success more than failure? Good question and good luck! : ))))))))
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Jojovera's Journey Empty Jojovera's 90 Day Journey

Post  Jojovera Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:55 pm

Awww thank you! I know I wrote a lot, and the day isn't done yet!

Last edited by Jojovera on Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jojovera
Jojovera

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:14 pm

Great comment.. welcome back and Yay for 30 mins eating your meal.. that is a great success!!
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  Yuki526 Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:07 am

I eat my 5 bites in less than 10 minutes and sometimes 3! Correct me if I am wrong but I think Dr. Lewis recommended in the book to just be done with it and move on. For me it is easier to eat fast and move on to other activities. Eating slowly is a torture for me. It makes me want to eat more Laughing

Have fun 5Bting Very Happy
Yuki526
Yuki526

Back to top Go down

Post  Jojovera Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:47 am

Yeah I used to finish my meals really quickly and then I'd be hunting for more. I rationalized that if I'm going to eat so little, I might as well enjoy every bite, down to the last crumb (emotionally speaking). Is there something to that 20 minute brain-stomach fullness registry? I don't know, but I hope it works helps long term.
Jojovera
Jojovera

Back to top Go down

Post  Yuki526 Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:46 pm

I think there was some research done about it but it doesn't really work on me. But if it works for you, there's no reason not to do it Very Happy
Yuki526
Yuki526

Back to top Go down

Post  Jojovera Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:41 pm

Day 2 (88 left)

I made it through day 1 woot woot! That's an accomplishment by itself. So many times before I've binged by dinner time. I've carved out 3 months time to dedicate to this diet so I'd better get comfortable living this lifestyle quickly, because it's all I'll know for a long time!

I hope I won't need anymore than 90 days. Dr. Lewis ensures drastic losses of as much as 30lbs each month. In fact, that's his baseline and posits that if that loss isn't achieved, the diet isn't being followed properly. I find his assertion comforting because I've spent too many years battling my weight, I'm ready to get on with life already. I had a glimpse of success 2 years ago with the loss of 25lbs of fat. I enjoyed seeing how narrow I got. People were so shocked and motivated to meet their own weight loss goals. I had a blast shopping and dressing my new figure. However, I was ill prepared for
further loss/maintenance. I'd tried so many methods at one time, I didn't know how I'd actually achieved the goal. Now I'm more driven and methodical.

RECAP of Day 1:
L: 5B Snickers
D: 3B fish, 1B rice (1Tbsp) & 2 gummy vitamins

My gummy vitamins are running low so soon I'll have to swallow the regular kind-ugh!

Last night's dinner portion looked too small for even a child, but I ate it, brushed and flossed my teeth, and indulged in some down time before bed. I took my time eating and felt surprisingly satisfied. I gave my body enough of what it needed to function and then moved on.

Food is going to last so long in the house now because of how little I'll be consuming each day. There's always someone to eat it so it won't go to waste. I don't need to be the human food disposal.

I've carved out 3 months time to dedicate to this diet so I'd better get comfortable living this lifestyle fast, because it's all I'll know for a long time!
I won't be able to rest as much as I did yesterday so that'll be today's challenge. Plus I rarely make it through day 2 successfully.

Day 2:
I hope to have a Snickers bar for lunch and chicken and rice for dinner. I still have fish left over from 2 nights ago (hopefully someone else will eat it or it'll stay frozen until I'm ready for it again). I ate the fish rather than wait for the chicken to cook. I knew I could have the chicken today so the delay of my gratification wasn't painful.

I will maintain the little steps taken to ensure a successful transition throughout the diet (exercise, keeping busy, and being active on the 5BD forum, pacing my eating). Everything is so thought out this time around! I'm bound to get great results.
+

Jojovera
Jojovera

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:42 pm

You sound like you have found the right way to do it for you. I wish you great success.. I have not done well on this diet.. Yay for you! bounce bounce

have a great day!
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  Jojovera Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:00 pm

@ElleBella: I've tried 5BD many, many times over the years. I'm attempting it again out of sheer frustration. I can't go through my life allowing my adoration for food to impede my happiness. I NEED to feel comfortable in my own body regardless of how little clothes I'm wearing (summer comes to mind)! I wish you much success! Let's do this!!

Last edited by Jojovera on Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jojovera
Jojovera

Back to top Go down

Post  Jojovera Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:04 pm

Day 3 (87 left)

Day 3-yay me!

I feel good, I think I can maintain the diet long term.

RECAP of Day 2:
L: turkey & crackers
D: chicken and rice
I drink water with meals and I won't discontinue that habit.

NEW PRACTICES
I need to drink more water. I also feel like eating fruit for lunch.
I take pictures of my meals. The beauty of the thing is in the simplicity of the meals and the tiny portions satisfy me. Remarkable!

BODY MODEL
I've adopted Rihanna as mg body confidence model. She is spotted often on the beach in bikinis. I want to be as fiercely confident as her. I may not wear as little as she
does, when I reach my goal, but I'd like to look great in bare skin.

Online before and afters inspire me. I hope to be as successful.

FUTURE PLANS
I plan to build some serious (albeit girlie) muscles after all the fat loss. I'm hoping that all my muscles will be surrounded by taut skin and I'll be rid of cellulite.
I'll be gym rat again, but lifting heavy weights will be priority. Since cardio just maintains, muscle tone (including the heart) I'll return to Zumba taking classes.

EMOTIONS
Classical music is so rocking my world right now. It's something I've added to rid the head noise.

I was bored and immediately started to think about my hunger and next meal (detrimental for me). I spent some moments completing a puzzle on my phone and listened to some inspirational music and my focus shifted.

REALITY CHECK
I feel like I'm playing catch up with the fit chicks so I don't have time to waste (I've wasted enough). I'm going to enjoy the last bit of my single freedom and youth and get ready to be someone else's.
Then my goal will be to maintain my status as a hot wife and fit mother (Yummy Mummy).

PATIENCE
The scale is reflecting a steady loss. I've many pounds to lose so I'm impatiently waiting for the scale to reflect milestones and move down each deca set. I realize that if I'd gotten a handle of my weight long ago I wouldn't have so many pounds to lose. So I'm ceremonially bidding adieu to every morsel of fat I leave behind on my descent to fitness, never to repeat the mistakes. I gorged myself up to this point, and just like climbing up somewhere I have no business being, I will take my time to climb down. The exhilaration will stem from being on safe ground. I'd do infinitely better bike riding uphill to enjoy the thrill of cruising down. That's the kind of climbing I'll do or rock climbing (it works so many muscles).

REWARDS
Since Day 3 is a transitional day, I've planned to watch a movie tonight as my reward.

Another reward (movie treat) will be featured on Saturdays as my official reward for success on my weigh in days.
Jojovera
Jojovera

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:19 pm

congratulations on your first 3 days you're doing great
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  Jojovera Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:23 pm

Phew! Thanks so much!!
Jojovera
Jojovera

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:47 am

Yay.. you are doing great!!! bounce
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  Jojovera Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:36 am

@ElleBella: *grins* Thanks. I hope you had a good day today!
Jojovera
Jojovera

Back to top Go down

Post  Yuki526 Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:55 am

You are doing great cheers
Yuki526
Yuki526

Back to top Go down

Post  Jojovera Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:33 pm

Day 4 (86 left)

RECAP Day 3:
L: Snickers
D: 5 bites of a medley of things (cookie, cabbage, chicken nugget + sweet potato)

CHALLENGES
It's hard to pick something to eat. I only get 2 meals and I have a few options. So I sampled a few of the foods I was craving. Now I feel more satisfied than having mono or duo meals.

REALITY CHECK
I'm losing weight and I'm eating bits of food I like, win-win. The drawback is enduring the periods of hunger (listening to and feeling the emptiness). I read somewhere that the rumbles are indicators that my body is burning fat. Poor thing, my body isn't use to this treatment. Tough turnips! I'd been babying my body and it grew lazy, spoiled, and gluttonous.

"NOTICINGS"
I've been going to bed early and awakening early. I enjoy seeing the numbers go down on the scale. I notice that that motivates me. Now what'll happen if the scale registers the same figure? I'll be motivated to stay on track and refine my eating and exercise. I also notice that I enjoy my workouts, the endorphin release is great.

EXERCISE
All I've been doing is strength training using my own body weight 2x/day. It's a bit unorthodox, but I like it. I work muscles that I've ignored (inner thighs, triceps, obliques, lower abs, hamstrings, and butt). I'm going to add a back exercise, once I find one that I like).
I chose this form of exercise b/c I like the burn. Well I don't like it while I'm doing the exercises, but afterward. I also like that in time the fat will be stripped away (from dieting) to reveal a toned physique. I can't wait to start lifting heavy weights! To self, "Patience darling, patience!"
+
Jojovera
Jojovera

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:52 pm

It is so much coming to read your progress.. yay for you staying on plan, working through the rumbles.. tuff stuff.. Bravo!! flower
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  Yuki526 Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:47 am

Keep it up cheers
Yuki526
Yuki526

Back to top Go down

Post  Jojovera Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:12 pm

Day 5 (85 left)
RECAP of Day 4
L: banana
D: 5 bite medley

ONWARD & UPWARD
Yesterday I felt really drained (not diet related) and my stomach was talking to me. Lunch time couldn't arrive fast enough and after eating 5 bites of a banana and taking my vitamins, I felt better-which was such a relief.

CONFESSION
Last night was hard. I thought about cheating (sabotaging binge impulse). But I opted not to cheat, after watching some scenes in the movie I'd postponed to watch last night. The movie was filled with women in great shapes. I know if I just continue to follow the rules I morph into my very best shape. I'm so glad I didn't cheat!

REMINDER
Mind your bites!
1bite < 1 mouthful

+
Jojovera
Jojovera

Back to top Go down

Post  Jojovera Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:15 pm

@ElleBella&Yuki526: Thanks for the encouraging words. Boy is it a struggle, but you make it easier!
Jojovera
Jojovera

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:58 pm

you're doing great great job not giving in to that sabotaging impulse
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  Jojovera Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:43 pm

@Dmac: Thanks buddy. I was amazed at how quickly I had the urges and that all it took were visual reminders of my goal. I hope that works continually!
Jojovera
Jojovera

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:00 pm

WoW .. Really !!!! You are the Queen girl,. queen I know I would have gone nuts.. Bravo again!!!!!! bounce bounce bounce
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  Jojovera Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:47 pm

Nuh uh! This is me just trying to be obedient and exercising faith that I'll be able to do complete the task. I'm usually such a punk-lol; I've been nicknamed Princess as a result.
Jojovera
Jojovera

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next