5 Bite Diet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lyra's 5BD Daily Journal

+16
misunderstood
spryng
Lisa
starbucks addict
IWillSucceed95
Readyforchange
16Again
renu712000
insanity
Dmac
2bthinagain
teaismyhappyplace
3jaysmom
rubywong
Phil
Lyra
20 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Lyra's 5BD Daily Journal - Page 3 Empty I'm back!

Post  Lyra Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:49 am

I'm planning & packing for my New Year Getaway. These past 2 days I have been doing strictly 5 bite 2x/day and lost 2 lbs yay!

But today..since I know that New Year is my day off... I have been eyeing the German desserts I got for Christmas and my favorite Marzipan cakes. ..ohh..I have been putting them away because of my diet. Today I take some bites and they were heavenly..!

Today's intake : 30 Dec 2010

B - 7 bites omelette & sausage
L - 5 bites rice + 1 bite cake
S - 5 bites cake
D - 8 bites rice + fish

Anyways I notice less excitement regarding food when I am out of the wagon. When I am on 5BD strict, meal time become highly anticipated and food tasted soo good! 5 bites of everything is so savoury, so exciting and so tasty, even when it's simple meals.

Tomorow will be diet day off. Since I'm going to have a hearty dinner, I will not have breakfast tomorrow to keep it balanced. Meanwhile Jan 1, 2011 I will be back on 5BD 2x perday and will do it until I reach 120 and 110 lbs.

Happy new Year 2011, remember to keep the bites maximum 10! That's what I always tell myself during this festive season! cheers jocolor

May we all reach our goals in 2011 and enter the New Year with a better shape, better health & more confidence.

On the side note..

I received a text from him..out of the blue. When I least expected it. I thought that he vanished for good. It was a simple text, explaining that "work has been crazy" and that he will join a new firm next year for sure. I don't know what's in store for us, in the future. Heck, I'm not even spending the New year's Eve with him.., but..I pat myself in the back for losing 10 lbs recently and bringing myself to 130 lbs. He's not here to see me in my New Year Dress Smile it's not my loss. One thing for sure, I choose to be happy and free from depression. I believe doors are opening and better opportunities in life are coming my way!

That's it for today.. Smile

Lyra

Back to top Go down

Lyra's 5BD Daily Journal - Page 3 Empty Re: Lyra's 5BD Daily Journal

Post  3jaysmom Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:59 am

I loved all the points you made about the clothes, thats exactly how I feel, too. I'm sick of taking forever to get dressed! I used too just open the closet, throw something on, and not have to think of it at all.....now, its like, "oh crap, all I have left thats clean is my jeans that are too tight to wear with any of the shirts that are clean....where's my tunic? dirty. yoga pants it is!" every. single. day.

Good for you for losing weight over the holidays, amazing!!! cheers I wish I had your willpower! Very Happy

3jaysmom

Back to top Go down

Lyra's 5BD Daily Journal - Page 3 Empty off the wagon for awhile now back again - Thursday, January 13, 2011

Post  Lyra Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:41 am

Update for Thursday, January 13, 2011
3jaysmom,

Last weekend was packed with social outings and dining invitations. I did 3x8-10 bites on those days, plus additional snacking and supper. I gain 1 lbs yesterday. Today I am back on track again.
Regarding the clothes, yes indeed it's true. It feels amazing to be able to wear everything in the closet isn't it? Let's make it come true. Plus it will also save tons of money. I still have some shorts and pencil skirts that are too tight and I want to be able to fit into them all. In time, Lyra..in time Smile

What I like about this forum is the motivation and spirit and reading others' posts also make me motivated.

About Constipation
I notice when I am doing 2x5bites per day, I am more prone to constipation compared to doing 3x5bites per day. For me, a cup of coffee with milk in the morning after breakfast really help my bowel movement in a natural way.

I might want to try doing 3x5bite per day + 1 cup of coffee & milk in the morning to get my bowels moving & solve the constipation.

Aargh I can't wait for maintainance phase and enjoy 3x10 bites per day and a cup of coffee + milk every morning. I regret failing at maintainance when reaching my ultimate goal weight 2 years ago. Oh well, life's lessons.

Today I am going back to 2X5bites per day. I have a dinner invitation tonight, so I plan to keep it strict. Because perhaps, I might get some extra bites at night. It's a 2x5bites week now for me. Got to get rid of the 1lbs and keep on track with my goal.

Food Intake for Today Thursday, January 13, 2011

B - nothing
L - 5 bites rice + beef + vegetable curry
D - 5 bites rice & curry + 7 bites sushi (sigh)

CW : 131 lbs
Goal: 120 lbs

Last edited by Lyra on Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:39 am; edited 4 times in total

Lyra

Back to top Go down

Lyra's 5BD Daily Journal - Page 3 Empty Dr.Lewis Quotes from Twitter Part 2

Post  Lyra Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:12 am

Here are some more quotes to give extra motivation :

# I can't describe HOW EXTRAORDINARY you will feel when you are tight. It's amazing. It'll make you feel giddy and empowered. Do it! 4:01 AM Sep 29th via web

# We only go through this life once. You've got to make the most of it. So start today, maximize your health by losing all excess fat. 4:00 AM Sep 29th via web

Stop dreaming. Start doing. When you are done, you will be one of a few on this planet who could have gotten there. It's worth it! 5BD!

You WANT to be hungry, at least for a couple of days, or your hungerstat won't reset. If it doesn't reset, you'll never keep the weight away

Food is SO much better when you eat less of it. You truly appreciate the fine nuances in flavor if you just put one bite in your mouth!

Losing weight--successfully--is all about separating yourself from the crowd. You are NOT average--don't act or eat like it!

# As good as you might think you are following my diet, how long can a person really restrict their own intake. Thus, get it done FAST!

Lyra

Back to top Go down

Lyra's 5BD Daily Journal - Page 3 Empty Very Helpful

Post  rubywong Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:41 pm

Thanks so much for posting all the quotes. They are really helpful for me since I do not have his book.
rubywong
rubywong

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyra Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:29 am

Ur welcome Ruby! The quotes are also very helpful for me.
It's been a long time! I've been off the diet these past few days because I had an anxiety attack (due to PTSD) 2 days ago. I am doing 3X5-7 bites per day. I'm determined to get back on 2X5bites again bounce

Lyra

Back to top Go down

Lyra's 5BD Daily Journal - Page 3 Empty Dr Lewis 5BD Quotes from Twitter part.3

Post  Lyra Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:34 am

These quotes are very motivating & they helped me a lot when I feel like giving up.

Dr.Lewis Quotes from Twitter "5 Bite Diet"

# The next 2 weeks will transpire, and you will remember very little of them. So do something that IS powerful and lasting--LOSE weight!!

I find that patients lose focus for 2 reasons: 1) they forget they're on a diet and 2) they eat too slowly.

My best diet advice: Eat it ALL. NEVER limit anything that you eat. BUT, don't eat much of any one thing--there is no benefit in doing so!

# By the third day you won't be hungry, and it is easy to forget that you are on a diet. That's the time to focus the most! 11:26 AM May 24th, 2009 via web

Gaining and lose weight is NOT vague or complicated. It is VERY exact and scientific. It's simply all carbons in minus all carbons out.

Just close your eyes for a moment and picture yourself being thin. Imagine all you can do. What are you waiting for???

The toughest thing about losing weight is understanding why you need to. If people just knew HOW extraordinary they would feel ...

Diabetes, Heart Failure, Atrial Fibrillation, Gout, Arthritis, ALL cancers: what further incentive do you need to lose weight?

It happens time and time again. After you've eaten those extra bites, you realize that they weren't even close to worth it. Don't do it!

Lyra

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyra Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:08 pm

Update 16 Jan 2011 (Sunday)

B- 1 cup rice milk
L - 6 bites rice + vegetables
D - 10 bites rice + egg+ veggies

I failed at dinner today...Got to get back on the wagon tomorrow!
Tomorrow it's 2x5 bites per day. Others are doing it and I am so inspired now!

CH : 5 ft 7
CW : 132 lbs
Goal: 120 lbs bounce

Lyra

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:38 pm

Hey Lyra,

Just keep it going. U know what it feels like to get this diet right and u know how much damage just one day does. There is no point to suffering thru a day of 5 bite and then the next day undoing it all and for what?! NOTHING, u just feel bad about it and angry with urself.

I kinda had a week of good behavior and then i was down to 116.4 and had one bad day (ate like 4 sandwhiches + oatmeal) and now im 117.5. I know that it may be water weight and im trying to just be fair with myself, but had i been good yesterday i would have brought myself down to 116 and been AHEAD and no its a day lost, and thats the real truth. its not that u gained much weight over that bad day, its that u wasted a LOSING day. Just have to make sure that u dont waste more and more days and really focus in. u are at 130ish now and u want to be 120. thats 10 lbs- at about 3 lbs a week thats only 3ish weeks!!! i think u can focus for just 3 weeks. its not too much to ask, and after that ull feel so happy with urself. Im probably way shorter than you, but at 5'2'' and actually reaching my 105lb goal in august (before sitting my board exams and gaining back some of the weight in stressed eating) i KNOW how awesome i looked and felt and i NEED to be back there just to prove to myself that yes i sacrificed being fit during my study time but its just weight and i can get it off and look amazing again. My goal this time around is 100. Being 105 last time, i know that another 5 lbs would have put me near perfection and then i can tone up and add a few lbs of muscle weight while still being light.

Keep it going lyra. If you want we can keep each other going for a short term 3 week goal. u have about 10 lbs to lose and i have about 16, but if i lose 10 lbs in 3 weeks ill be happy for the time being. Check in as often as u wish and keep me updated! I will do the same and in 3 weeks we'll be where we need to be!

you can do this! Like a Star @ heaven
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Lyra's 5BD Daily Journal - Page 3 Empty Lets do this together :)

Post  Lyra Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:36 am

teaismyhappyplace,

Thank for dropping by. Everything you say makes sense Smile
I'm really motivated now! I will go out now for 2-3 hours and go back home and post more about my updates and our plan!
Let's do this together & motivate each other!!

Lyra

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:05 am

I shur am thankful u put up Lewis twitter I've Ben going there and looking at them and tonight I was struggling. Bad and they saved me and I never thought about looking on there so thank u so much Very Happy
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Lyra's 5BD Daily Journal - Page 3 Empty A Fresh Start for me..I begin again! Here's my Updates

Post  Lyra Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:56 am

I am so determined with what teaismyhappyplace is saying..so yesterday I did DAY 1.

CW : 132 lbs
GW : 120 lbs

Here's my update from yesterday..(Day 1) 'A Fresh Start!'

B- nothing
L- 5 bites rice,chicken, vegetables
D- 5 bites rice, chicken, vegetables

Update Today.. 28 Jan 2011 (Day 2)
CW (day 2): 131 lbs
Goal : 120 lbs

I lost 1 lbs! Yay! This is what I love about 5BD, the results are fast.

B- nothing
L- 5 bites fritata + rice
D- 5 bites rice,fish,vegetables

I will check in again later to update my dinner Smile Let's do this for 3 weeks and reach our goals!

Last edited by Lyra on Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:37 am; edited 2 times in total

Lyra

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyra Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:24 am

Dmac,
Thanks for dropping by. I also feel a lot of help from Dr Lewis' Twitter posts, they are so motivating & keep me on focus when I was sliding off the wagon. Let's do this together and reach our goals!

Lyra

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyra Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:54 am

teaismyhappyplace wrote:Hey Lyra,

its not that u gained much weight over that bad day, its that u wasted a LOSING day. Just have to make sure that u dont waste more and more days and really focus in.

This is sooooo true! bounce
teaismyhappyplace, had I been following the diet all these weeks probably now I am already 120 lbs What a Face
Let's do this together and reach our goals!
Add in Dr Lewis' quote for today to give extra kick and boost:
"As good as you might think you are following my diet, how long can a person really restrict their own intake? Thus, get it done FAST!"

From tea's posting: https://5bitediet.forumotion.com/t34p195-tea-s-journal#1962
This is the same situation I am in as well :

"if i dont do it now, things are only going to get more hectic and im going to have a harder time doing this in the future. I need to just do this properly and then put it behind me. I have another board exam to take sometime this year as well and i dont want to be dieting thru that. I want the weight off and then to just eat normal healthy stuff during that time so dont have to worry about the up and down anymore."

This is what I also want. My situation is the same. Right now I am waiting for work placement. My work load is still light and my time is very flexible. When I get placement and work is hectic, I don't want to be on a strict diet through that because it will put a strain on me. I want to be on maintainance phase only and not worry about my weight up and down also feel more confidence. Let's do this. Today is Day 2 for me.

Lyra

Back to top Go down

Post  insanity Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:22 pm

I totally agree with you 2 ladies. I just want to get this weight loss done and over with. I have been struggling off and on to lose weight for YEARS now. It's just ridiculous. I know older people who have struggled their whole lives and never reached their goals. I want to actually ACHIEVE my goals.
insanity
insanity

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyra Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:35 am

insanity
Thanks for dropping by. Let's do this together! Let's achieve our goals Smile
Here's my update today : (29 Jan 2011, Sat)

B-nothing
L-5 bites rice & fritata vegetables
D-5 bites noodle soup

My weight today is 130,5 lbs. Starting weight was 132 lbs.

Tomorrow I have lunch meeting with some friends. I will try to keep my meals light and stick to 5 bites. We can do it! Goal is 120 lbs. Hope I will be 120 on job placement so I can do maintainance and not be this strict when workload is heavy.

Lyra

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyra Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:57 am

Ugh I am 133 lbs today. is this water weight or what?
I admit yesterday I get lunch, coffee & dinner invitations. It was crazy. So much food outings in one day! No
Some friends insist to meet & treat me. And my crazy friend came at night late insisting supper at their favorite grill.
Here's my intake yesterday

Sunday, 30 Jan 2011
B-5 bites omelette & rice (had breakfast to anticipate late lunch as we went to the salon yesterday and I know about the waiting list anyway)
L-10 bites fish chips, vegetables
Coffee- 1 glass mocha frappuccino & 2 steamed dumplings
D-8 bites rice & beef stroganoff
Late dinner- (my crazy friend insist!) 10 bites steak & vegetables

aaaaaaarrrrrrggggggggh. Today I am 133 lbs thanks to not restricting.

Monday, 31 Jan 2011

B-nothing
L- 5 bites rice & beef stroganoff

I feel lethargic today. Ugh. I still have to finish a paper, but all I want is a nap.

Lyra

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:27 pm

I'll bet that is water wait u will be back down in no time. And way to go on just jumping right back on. Very Happy
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyra Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:37 am

Dmac I agree with you..Thanks for the support
However I am job hunting now so I need some extra energy in the morning I have 5bites breakfast -_-

I remember reading a forum when I was online from mobile, about breakfast. There was an interesting discussion about the importance of skipping breakfast and it's contribution to rapid weight loss. Too bad my phone cannot hold history and I didn't book mark the site. If I stumble upon the forum article again I will bookmark it and copy paste the discussion here.

One poster said that he lost most of his body weight when not eating breakfast. As long as you don't eat breakfast, lunch and dinner will not have big effect on your weight. You can have small extra dessert but not gain weight because you skip breakfast. Omitting breakfast result in metabolism increase and prolonged fat burning. I wish I have the site now..I lost it. I hope I can stumble upon it again

The skip breakfast advice made me instantly think about 5BD and all the benefits we reap here. I think Dr Lewis is revolutionary and he's on the right track for sure.

Lyra

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:57 am

Good luck on the job hunt are u doing 3 meals a day now or just swapping a meal for breakfast?
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyra Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:36 am

Dmac,today it's 3 meals a day.
Tomorow is holiday so back 2 meals.

Lyra

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyra Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:43 am

Today is Chinese New Year celebration. 3 Feb 2011, Thursday
My BF wants to take me for lunch outside & some dessert. I don't have breakfast because I read in some forum (dang I forget to bookmark it) that skipping breakfast speeds up weight loss. So, I will limit myself to 7-8 bites for lunch and 3-4 bites dessert and dinner will be 5 bites again.

I am determined to reach 120 lbs, although sometimes things get in the way. Yesterday i was job hunting and when I get job placement, I have to get back 3x5bites because I need energy in the morning. Let's do this together. 3x5bites will still have weight loss but maybe not as fast as 2x5bites IMO.

Lyra

Back to top Go down

Lyra's 5BD Daily Journal - Page 3 Empty My observations..

Post  renu712000 Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:52 am

Stop..Just find 3 days to DO the diet right...You keep binging...PUSH yourself..THINK I WANT TO BE THIN!!

New here to this forum and just read your most recent post...YOU ARE SO CLOSE!!

Ask yourself what's stopping you???? Stop using life event excuses to not do this diet right. I read the book and if you have read it too...then JUST DO IT RIGHT!!

I applaud your efforts abut I am going to also be hard and sugar coat it. YOU CAN DO THIS! I see you losing the weight but then you say something comes up..SO??? AND?? You're going to let those things get in the way of your goals!!

Look back at your journal and see what you write...See how you let other things influence your decisions..ITS YOU...YOU MUST MAKE THE DECISION..

DO the 3 DAYS...then each day....

You keep saying you need the energy but it will be there...if you have some fat still..the body will use that for energy...STOP THIS LIMITING BELIEF and STOP CREATING LIMITING BELIEFS!

I'm going to be blunt because I see you are so close. I want to push you there..You are close to the finishing line..SO SPRINT!...Get the 3 days...and then SPRINT each day to the finish line!!....133...130...125...120...It's there....

Tell your BF...RAINCHECK..."reward me when I get to my goal,hon"..."celebrate with me then...BUT for now..encourage me, push me, and love me as I get to those goals"...

Just a few observations and tips....my two cents

KEEP GOING!! DO IT RIGHT!!

renu712000

Back to top Go down

Post  16Again Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:07 pm

Wow renu,

If I ever run a marathon I WANT YOU to be Standing At The LAST 100 YARDS to PUSH ME ON!!

VERY Motivating.

Peace, Marc
16Again
16Again

Back to top Go down

Lyra's 5BD Daily Journal - Page 3 Empty Back on the wagon

Post  Lyra Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:20 am

I was just going to screw up and do 3 meals per day and I think of you all on this forum.
I have a job interview coming soon and I have to look good, plus also must prepare CV and some papers related to the work demands. It's stressful for me and I get tempted to eat/nibble some snacks.
These past 2 days there were dinners and lunch invitations and they were all tempting. Honestly I was so tempted to eat and eat. Besides, my friend sent me some hampers from their Chinese New Years' celebration and the goodies were delish. I weighed this morning and I am 133 still.

I remember Dmac & tea saying that, cheating the diet means DELAYING weight loss for yourself.

Now I am back on board and read this wonderful post from renu712000. I'm so motivated. Thanks renu712000, you hit the nail. Yesterday I was at the grocer and my friend asked me "You not picking up any breads or muffins for breakfast?" I said "No." Because I think of the forum and all of you that support me. Let's do this together & stay strong.

Today I am back on the wagon (Monday, 7 Feb 2011) :
B - nothing
L - 5 bites rice & chicken & vegs
D- (will update)

No snacking and drinking water & herbal teas to keep me full.

Thanks renu712000. I am determined. I will check in daily. You are so TRUE. I need a reality check.

Lyra

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next