5 Bite Diet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lyra's 5BD Daily Journal

+16
misunderstood
spryng
Lisa
starbucks addict
IWillSucceed95
Readyforchange
16Again
renu712000
insanity
Dmac
2bthinagain
teaismyhappyplace
3jaysmom
rubywong
Phil
Lyra
20 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Lyra's 5BD Daily Journal - Page 4 Empty So there's your other prize! The job!

Post  renu712000 Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:35 am

Lyra,

Your welcome..so there it is..there's your other goals..not a stress! your JOB!! This is what you are working for then as well. BUT first...do it for yourself..."I want to be thin!!" then the job will follow.

You're doing it again..you already created the mentality "I have a job interview and its stressful for me." This is a limiting belief and this is you creating your own negativity from YOUR PERCEPTION.

I've been helping people as well as myself with job interviews in the past few years. There is a good book by Jeff Taylor who created monster.com to help you with your resume, job interview, and the rest. It is called Monster Careers how to land your dream job. Read it and it will help you in the process.

Getting a new job or another job is like a job. SO treat it as one. IF you are diligent, prepared and dedicated, you will be able to give it your best when it comes to all aspect of the job process. The job interview should not be thought of as a stressful. Think of it as "meet and see if I want to work with this company and people". IF you already got the interview, that means they already know you may have the qualifications. Now they want to know if they can work with you as a person. They may still ask some job related questions but overall they want to see your personality and see if it fits their team and the company's goals.

So there's a few tips for you...IF you have done your part in regards to preparing, then all you can ask yourself did I give it my best? A job is a job...I know its more important but remember don't create it as a stress when you don't need to yet or even at all.

If you get tempted to eat or nibble...then chew gum. I already asked about this and it means just chewing a piece of gum prevents me form doing the diet..then have the piece of the gum. Do not nibble...do not snack! per the rules...don't! You don't want to do it! I know you don't want to do it...Your stress is transferring to you eating food to comfort you...DON'T LET FOOD be a form stress relief! As my friend who mentioned to me when I stressed over the weekend, FIND OTHER WAYS to relieve that stress...Breathing, yoga, meditation, sex, etc...other ways BESIDES FOOD!!

If you look back at your journal, you will notice your stress times and then you react by eating and binging!! DON'T!! I am guilty of it as well. I admit that fault. BUT I also recognized early during the weekend and thought of ways to adjusting to the stresses in life and then I got my friend's tips also. They will help in the long run.

I am glad you are writing the temptations that happens in your life...Then after you write them...then do as you know you want t.. and say...."No..thank you...I am training for something in the next few months" Tell those who might push you to eat..."respect my wishes or respect what I say, please..this is a goal of mine this year". You don't have to tell them what you are training for.. if they do, let them guess..just say "yes...something like that"..and move the conversation to something else.

You can pick up breads and muffins but just realize you don't need a lot....I looked at what I have and I HAVE ALOT to eat still instead of shopping..SO...if you are buying something..just buy a few or one...That's all you need!

SO...get back on! YOU CAN DO THIS! I CAN DO THIS!...We are going to do this!

Starting jogging on that five bite diet...cause I see a quick sprint soon!!! Go! Go! Go!!

Lyra wrote:I was just going to screw up and do 3 meals per day and I think of you all on this forum.
I have a job interview coming soon and I have to look good, plus also must prepare CV and some papers related to the work demands. It's stressful for me and I get tempted to eat/nibble some snacks.
These past 2 days there were dinners and lunch invitations and they were all tempting. Honestly I was so tempted to eat and eat. Besides, my friend sent me some hampers from their Chinese New Years' celebration and the goodies were delish. I weighed this morning and I am 133 still.

I remember Dmac & tea saying that, cheating the diet means DELAYING weight loss for yourself.

Now I am back on board and read this wonderful post from renu712000. I'm so motivated. Thanks renu712000, you hit the nail. Yesterday I was at the grocer and my friend asked me "You not picking up any breads or muffins for breakfast?" I said "No." Because I think of the forum and all of you that support me. Let's do this together & stay strong.

Today I am back on the wagon (Monday, 7 Feb 2011) :
B - nothing
L - 5 bites rice & chicken & vegs
D- (will update)

No snacking and drinking water & herbal teas to keep me full.

Thanks renu712000. I am determined. I will check in daily. You are so TRUE. I need a reality check.

renu712000

Back to top Go down

Lyra's 5BD Daily Journal - Page 4 Empty Re: Lyra's 5BD Daily Journal

Post  Lyra Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:18 am

wow renu712000, I think you are heaven sent. I just want to post about my stress today still preparing the CV and you write such empowering words to me.
I have to get back to my usual positive optimistic self again Smile and be ready for challenge.

I was crying yesterday because of stress & pressure. Up at night and hungry..want to eat something but I keep thinking about this forum and all of you here. I am on Day 2 now. 5 bites 2x per day. I feel hungry yet but realize that It means my body is consuming the fat so it must be good progress.

No cheating. I only drink water & herbal tea when I feel hungry. Keep the water going.

Thank you so much renu712000. Let's do this!

Lyra

Back to top Go down

Lyra's 5BD Daily Journal - Page 4 Empty YOUR BODY IS USING YOUR FAT AS ENERGY

Post  renu712000 Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:25 am

Lyra,

Post about the stress and how you are going to handle it. You will use different methods and NOT EAT for comfort. Try meditation, exercise, yoga, sex, etc.

Its ok to let the emotions out as well. You are human and we all feel but we all can cope..

Yes..your body is using your fat!

Your welcome and you are doing...you can do it...THINK "I AM GOING TO BE THIN...I AM GETTING THIN EACH DAY"

Lyra wrote:wow renu712000, I think you are heaven sent. I just want to post about my stress today still preparing the CV and you write such empowering words to me.
I have to get back to my usual positive optimistic self again Smile and be ready for challenge.

I was crying yesterday because of stress & pressure. Up at night and hungry..want to eat something but I keep thinking about this forum and all of you here. I am on Day 2 now. 5 bites 2x per day. I feel hungry yet but realize that It means my body is consuming the fat so it must be good progress.

No cheating. I only drink water & herbal tea when I feel hungry. Keep the water going.

Thank you so much renu712000. Let's do this!

renu712000

Back to top Go down

Lyra's 5BD Daily Journal - Page 4 Empty I begin again DAY 1

Post  Lyra Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:59 am

Hi everyone..I was down with flu and also had my period which was heavy..for a week. So now it's done, and flu is also gone. I was away from this board. But now I'm back. I admit I did step off the wagon..but then 3 days ago begin again. My starting weight was 130 lbs.

I already lost 2 lbs today.
CW = 128 lbs

Today I begin Day 1 again...strict (2x 5 bites) My goal is 120 lbs and ultimate is 110 lbs by my birthday (March 31).

Now is day one again for me! Weight is 128 lbs. I feel so weak & sluggish. I kept sleeping LOL. I will keep you all updated on my progress.

Lyra

Back to top Go down

Post  Readyforchange Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:45 pm

Lyra,

I am glad that you are feeling better. Great job with getting back to the diet after your recovery. You are so close to your goal. You will definitely get there before your birthday.

Take care,

Readyforchange

Readyforchange

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyra Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:17 pm

I feel so weak..sluggish..head ache..sigh Sad
Gotta keep going..lucky there is someone nice who send me cute messages & make me smile, stay motivated..hahahaha...
So Day 1 is almost ending..!
Weight is 128 lbs. I hope I'm 120 lbs by weekend I love you

Lyra

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyra Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:19 pm

Readyforchange wrote:Lyra,

I am glad that you are feeling better. Great job with getting back to the diet after your recovery. You are so close to your goal. You will definitely get there before your birthday.

Take care,

Readyforchange
Thanks! I'm back on the wagon again..now..and feel somewhat weak..but I keep going. It's day 1. Just ended for me. I want to sleep early so I don't have to deal with hunger at night.
Wow your words are so motivating bounce

Lyra

Back to top Go down

Lyra's 5BD Daily Journal - Page 4 Empty So motivated

Post  IWillSucceed95 Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:53 am

I just spent good-knows-how-long reading your journal and you have inspired me soo much!
I'm thinking of starting this diet tomorrow and to be honest I was wondering if it was going to work
Your journal inspired me so much and motivated me so much that now I can't wait for tomorrow!
I hope that my 5 foot 4 inches and 130 pounds will be 115 pounds soon with this diet Very Happy
I'll keep checking and reading back to your post to keep myself motivated...if it's okay with you of course.
Good luck and I hope you reach your goal of 120 pounds!

IWillSucceed95

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyra Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:10 am

IWillSucceed95 wrote:I just spent good-knows-how-long reading your journal and you have inspired me soo much!
I'm thinking of starting this diet tomorrow and to be honest I was wondering if it was going to work
Your journal inspired me so much and motivated me so much that now I can't wait for tomorrow!
I hope that my 5 foot 4 inches and 130 pounds will be 115 pounds soon with this diet Very Happy
I'll keep checking and reading back to your post to keep myself motivated...if it's okay with you of course.
Good luck and I hope you reach your goal of 120 pounds!
Welcome to the forum Smile
Thanks for dropping by I love you Feel free to read my journal and comment..I will check yours too LOL.I have my ups and downs but we must keep our eye on the prize Smile

Clothes Fit So Much Better
Anyways..today is Day 2, strict 5 bites. I feel weak & sluggish, and want to run some errands today. One thing that cheer me up is that..my clothes fit better and look so good on me. I'm wearing a simple cardigan, camisole & jeans..but they look so good on me LOL I keep checking the mirror in disbelief. Hahaha. I can't imagine if I reach the 120 goal..my clothes will look so good on me..even simple stuff. I can't wait to be 110 lbs! Let's do it!!

Lyra

Back to top Go down

Post  Readyforchange Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:54 am

Lyra,

I am so glad that you are seeing the success of your efforts with how your clothes fit! I have found that to be highly motivating for me! I was also laughing about your comment on your jeans and how you look. I don't own a pair of jeans! I have always wanted to wear a pair, but I thought that they looked funny on me because of my weight. Maybe one day I will. Keep up the good work!

Take care,

Readyforchange

Readyforchange

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyra Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:31 am

Readyforchange wrote:Lyra,

I am so glad that you are seeing the success of your efforts with how your clothes fit! I have found that to be highly motivating for me! I was also laughing about your comment on your jeans and how you look. I don't own a pair of jeans! I have always wanted to wear a pair, but I thought that they looked funny on me because of my weight. Maybe one day I will. Keep up the good work!

Take care,

Readyforchange

Readyforchange, thanks for the encouragement. Yes, looking at my clothes fit me and actually look good on me is a very nice reward. I used to have trouble picking clothes when I was heavier and jeans always show muffin tops. Surely one day I believe you can also wear jeans and look in the mirror in disbelief realizing that you actually look good, even only wearing simple stuff like jeans and a t shirt. It's a nice feeling.

Day3 Update

Honestly, I feel so weak and sluggish. I feel like I'm about to faint any moment and it's quite scary. I keep my bites small and strict 5 bites 2 times per day. I wish I am 120 lbs so I can take a little break from diet. Oh I wish I am 110 lbs so I can already enter maintainance phase and not worry about fainting. No Well let's keep going. I'm 127 lbs today. My mini goal for the weekend is 126-120 lbs.

I spent most of my time resting because honestly, this diet really makes me feel weak and so sluggish. I also experience serious scary moment feeling like I want to faint few months ago when I am on this diet, due to taking multivitamins first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. That is quite scary. I learned my lesson and only take my multivitamin after eating a meal.

Lyra

Back to top Go down

Lyra's 5BD Daily Journal - Page 4 Empty Drinking Cayenne Pepper Tea for Combatting Weakness

Post  Lyra Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:21 am

A friend taught me to brew and make my own Cayenne Pepper tea. Using Cayenne Pepper powder, put into a cup of hot water. Just use 1/4 tea spoon, mix with hot water. It helps with the weak feeling and give me a boost of energy. I feel so much better and not weak fatigue/sluggish after drinking one cup.. Smile Plus it's also good for boosting the metabolism & fat burning.

Lyra

Back to top Go down

Lyra's 5BD Daily Journal - Page 4 Empty Weight Loss = Toxin Release from Fat Cells

Post  Lyra Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:10 am

I'm losing weight. In spite of looking good, I have major anxiety today. Even a simple trip to the food stall nearby (only 3 minutes walking), gave me the feeling of impending doom and my heart was pounding fast. Could it be a chemical reaction in my body as I lose fat?

I had my amalgams removed in December 2010. My friend says, the mercury toxins from tooth amalgam can still circulate in the body up to 6 months.

I did some research online and stumbled upon this article :

Weight Loss Releasing Toxins Source : http://www.tomvenuto.com/asktom/toxins_in_fat_cells.shtml

your fat cells can accumulate numerous types of toxins. For example, almost everyone has traces of pesticides in their bodies. Many people freak out when they hear this, and so they become more likely to fall for all kinds of bizarre and usually uproven "detoxification" rituals. It is a shame that our environment has become polluted, but the real questions are whether trace amounts of these substances pose any health risk and whether you actually have toxic levels in your body.

One group of substances that has come to attention recently in the context of fat loss, in addition to health concerns, is organochlorines because there is indeed scientific evidence that these chemicals can be stored in fat cells and released into your system when fat is lost.

The fish and wildlife service web page (fws.gov) has some detailed info on the chemistry and toxicology. One part was of particular interest:

"Organochlorines are compounds that contain carbon, chlorine, and hydrogen. Their chlorine-carbon bonds are very strong which means that they do not break down easily. They are highly insoluble in water, but are attracted to fats. Since they resist metabolism and are readily stored in fatty tissue of any animal ingesting them, they accumulate in animals in higher trophic levels. This may occur when birds eat fish that have been exposed to the contaminant. It may also affect humans if they drink milk of a dairy cow that has ingested the chemical because the chemical is excreted in its milk fat. This is called biological magnification."

Organochlorine (OC) pollution appears to remain a very real issue. Just look up DDT, PCB or dioxins, etc. Some people may recall Rachel Carson and "Silent Spring" back in the 1960's which was largely responsible for the environmental movement and banning of DDT pesticides. nevertheless, these chemicals can remain in our environment and in our bodies for years.

As for the release of these substances from your fat cells with weight loss, well, what can you say, the consequences of environmental pollution do suck and this is just one more reason to stay lean and eat clean. But I do believe for the most part, your body is quite well equipped to naturally detoxify most toxins that are ingested in "normal" (small) amounts or would likely be released slowly with normal rates of fat loss. I don't think it's a reason NOT to lose weight, although some researchers say that obese men and women have to "weigh the health advantages of losing the weight with a potentially harmful effect."

Unfortunately, there is another twist: Some data I've seen suggests that if these chemicals are released into your system as you lose weight, they could hamper fat loss by decreasing thyroid (T3 conversion) or reduce thermogenesis during weight loss if indeed an obese person had accumulated these chemicals in their fat cells.

Some obese people have a defect in thermogenesis and their hormones can be out of whack, so scientists began wondering if chemicals released from stored fat into circulation could be a cause of that. To the best of my knowledge, these findings have not been confirmed as causative through experimental research. It's a disturbing prospect, but I wouldn't say it's cause for alarm.

Lyra

Back to top Go down

Lyra's 5BD Daily Journal - Page 4 Empty Fitting Old Clothes was Fun

Post  Lyra Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:48 am

Day 4 now..

My weight is 126 lbs today! That was my weight back in 2008. 3 years ago..crazy. Had I known 5BD that time, I would've keep the weight and not yo yo, not gain so many lbs. I immediately stop by at the closet and took out old clothes i never wore because of my weight gain. Old cute office clothes, skinny jeans that I never wore..and tried them on again..guess what? They FIT! My shorts also look so nice. I had a great time trying on clothes on my own closet. Wow. I mix and matched some of the outfits and they turn out looking cute, new and updated, stylish cheers Honestly, I am so happy.

I remember the last time I wore my green blouse and mini skirt was during 2008 with my ex-bf long time ago, hahaha. We had dinner at this lovely restaurant overlooking the mountains, i wore the cute blouse, mini skirt & boots and all eyes were on me LOL. All this time I worry if I bump into him..in my overweight condition. Today, I can say I'm ready anytime I bump into him. LOL.

Today..I feel so weak & sluggish. I still have 6 more lbs to go. When I reach 120, I want to do little maintainance and then gather energy again to continue the journey..or I just keep going on. I'm so happy I find this diet and lost my weight. It was a journey and I'm glad I didn't spend money on expensive medicines, pills, equipments etc. I just did this diet and lose the weight.

One thing for sure..I want to keep maintaining this weight loss. I will just do 3x5-6 bites per day for maintainance. Add the bites bit by bit up to 3x 7-8 bites per day...
Whew..I can't believe I fit in my old jeans again, fit my mini skirt & shorts again..no muffin tops, no rolls. They look great flower

The weak sluggish feeling is worthed. I'm happy with the results so far Smile I have confidence again to put/send job applications & attend interviews again. And..if I happen to be holidaying at the mountains someday and meet my ex BF ...I think I'm ready at 120 lbs queen to meet him LOL. Hahah so he knows what he's missing all this time Wink

Lyra

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyra Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:16 pm

Hi everyone,
I just get back from a weekend getaway and took 1 day break from the diet. I had 7 bites for lunch and a nice hearty Italian dinner with dessert.. (total 15 bites dinner + dessert) it was great.But my stomach feels weird when I eat too much. Today I'm back on the diet wagon again and my weight is still the same, 126 lbs.

My short term goal is 120 lbs.
My ultimate Birthday goal is 110 lbs. I hope I can reach it in these 3 weeks. bounce
Today I am back on 5BD strict 5bitesx2.

Lyra

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:44 pm

Way to go keeping your wait the same and hoping right back on track
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Lyra's 5BD Daily Journal - Page 4 Empty Keep going...RESET....and GO!

Post  renu712000 Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:01 am

You're almost there...stop delaying...GO GO GO!! DO IT!! RESET and stop delaying!! I am happy and excited for another person to get their goals!!!!

STOP DELAYING!! DO! MAKE IT HAPPEN, Lyra!!

6 lbs can be gone in a week!! PUSH YOURSELF!! REMEMBER THE SUCCESS you have had with this!! REMEMBER that feeling when you wore those cute and sexy clothes!! NOW DO IT! DO IT RIGHT!! RESET!!

REMEMBER that success!!
REMEMBER those feelings of success!!
REPEAT your success!!!

NOW GO GO GO!! You see you are at the end of this part of this marathon of your life...so give me your best 200 yards!!! Its a sprint, sexy woman Lyra!!! It's there...all in front of you!!!!! This is for you!! Your goals!! Your life!! Stop delaying this awesome THIN life you know you can have!!!

Lyra wrote:Hi everyone,
I just get back from a weekend getaway and took 1 day break from the diet. I had 7 bites for lunch and a nice hearty Italian dinner with dessert.. (total 15 bites dinner + dessert) it was great.But my stomach feels weird when I eat too much. Today I'm back on the diet wagon again and my weight is still the same, 126 lbs.

My short term goal is 120 lbs.
My ultimate Birthday goal is 110 lbs. I hope I can reach it in these 3 weeks. bounce
Today I am back on 5BD strict 5bitesx2.

renu712000

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyra Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:03 pm

Day 7
Today I did strict 5BD 2 times. Weight 125,5 lbs. Let's keep going. I am sleepy now want to go bed soon. Thanks Dmac & Renu for dropping by..tomorrow I will reply to you both Smile

Lyra

Back to top Go down

Lyra's 5BD Daily Journal - Page 4 Empty Sleep and dream of the success

Post  renu712000 Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:51 am

Lyra,

No worries. Sleep, rest, and refocus. You are just a hop, skip, and jump from being there! Keep going!

Lyra wrote:Day 7
Today I did strict 5BD 2 times. Weight 125,5 lbs. Let's keep going. I am sleepy now want to go bed soon. Thanks Dmac & Renu for dropping by..tomorrow I will reply to you both Smile

renu712000

Back to top Go down

Lyra's 5BD Daily Journal - Page 4 Empty Medical Problem

Post  Lyra Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:17 pm

Update Day 10..
Yesterday (wednesday-Day 9)..I panic because I had blood in my stool. Local doctor said it's because too much spicy foods and perhaps my diet too strict Sad there is a wound in my intestine and I have to eat soft porridge and oats to mend it & give it a rest.

I took 1 day break from 5BD and in the evening only eat stewed vegetables (5 bites). Today I took 1 day break from diet to monitor my bowel movement. Doctor said, if there is blood again, I have to return and undergo extensive examinations. Today I am glad that my bowel movement is back to normal (no blood). My friends were worried about me, they think I'm dieting too strict. Anyways tomorrow is Day 11 (Saturday) and I want to get back on the wagon. I will do it carefully and keep my multivitamin intake also take lots of rest, eat no spicy, no sour stuff, lots of water and stick to soft rice & oats. Wish me luck!

I admit taking a break feels nice and enjoying milk & biscuits is fun but...I really want to reach my goal and do better. I feel guilty for snacking and taking a break. I want to be 120 lbs Smile Tomorrow back on 5BD.

Today intake (no diet)
B - 5bites Oat & milk
L - 5 bites soft rice & omelette
S - 1 cup chocolate milk & biscuits
D - 5 bites chicken & soft rice

Lyra

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyra Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:18 pm

renu712000 wrote:Lyra,

No worries. Sleep, rest, and refocus. You are just a hop, skip, and jump from being there! Keep going!
Thanks Renu Smile you are so caring & motivating. Hugs, Lyra.

Lyra

Back to top Go down

Post  Readyforchange Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:12 am

Lyra,

I am so glad that you are feeling better. Great job with getting right back on the wagon. Your dedication is amazing!

Take care,

Readyforchange

Readyforchange

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyra Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:45 am

Readyforchange,
Thanks for dropping by. It's been awhile since I posted.
I am still on the diet, on the quest but on some days I do 2x5BD..some days it's 3x5BD some days it's 2X6-7BD.
Many things happened this whole week : social engagements, job interviews, extended trips etc.

I also find out that all this time I was suffering from iron deficiency after having examination done because of feeling weak tired all the time and dizzy spells. I up my iron intake daily..it's Day 4 now for the iron intake and I already feel more energy.
Today I had mild poisoning so drunk a small can of milk to neutralize it & add some more food for dinner as I felt so weak.
Today is Day 15 (but on -off). I plan to begin again tomorrow strict 5BD. My birthday is 2 weeks more (March 31) and I have to be at least 120 lbs by that time. Let's do it! We can!

Lyra

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyra Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:54 am

Jumping again on the diet wagon..~day 1 strict 5BD 2 times/day~
Iron supplement day 5..for my anemia.
Things getting busy today..I have to attend work meetings..I bring food with me..so I am prepared. Go 5BD! My birthday coming soon, it's raining hard & bad weather..but diet keep going on! bounce

Update
Just get back from work meeting. Still stick to the diet..no cheating.
Day 1 almost done! Smile

Lyra

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyra Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:43 pm

Dmac wrote:Way to go keeping your wait the same and hoping right back on track
Thanks Dmac
Can't wait to be 120 lbs. Today I begin again Day 1..let's all fight and keep each other updated. Whenever I want to cheat and give up, I always go to the forum and remember everyone Smile We can make it happen!

Lyra

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next