5 Bite Diet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spryng into my journey with me

+31
Maernet
mommieof2
ramanrai
rugbygirl87
3jaysmom
AllieT
pinklipstick
teaismyhappyplace
misunderstood
Snow White
chic
herbsgirl
16Again
starfish
amu82
insanity
LLJames
Jesabelle
shanni82
connie
Moonie
starbucks addict
wstreet8110
jgraston
shnookie
ewhetstone
SaltyDog
Dmac
Greenbeans
Lisa
spryng
35 posters

Page 15 of 27 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21 ... 27  Next

Go down

Spryng into my journey with me  - Page 15 Empty Re: Spryng into my journey with me

Post  Jesabelle Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:53 am

Congratulations!!! A great way to start up the new year!!!!!! I look forward to the new pic, although I think your current picture is very lovely.
Jesabelle
Jesabelle

Back to top Go down

Spryng into my journey with me  - Page 15 Empty Re: Spryng into my journey with me

Post  spryng Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:18 am

Ok I am back on plan as of today.. I was going to hop back on yesterday but with the hubby home and kids and they were snacking all day put me in a snacky mood as well so I joined them.. I'll be back on later to post my 5 bite meals for today Smile
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:52 pm

We got some good news today, our pup won't need extensive surgery after all! She'll need to stay confined for a month or so but she's gonna be able to heal without the surgery, I'm so relieved! Course we still have to pay attention to her wounds and make sure there is no infection and the skin is healing but it's one hurdle down for sure. What an ordeal.

So today has been great back on plan.

B-nothing
L- 5 bites bean tacos with corn tortillas
D- 5 bites baked spaghetti (gluten free pasta)

I have also cut out just about all caffeine. I have been leaning on it way too much lately so now the only caffeine I'm getting is in my green tea which I'm trying to drink 3-4 glasses of a day, I always feel better when I have green tea in me.

So anyway, all in all a good day Smile
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:45 pm

Another day down... boy how the days fly by!

B-nothing
L- 5 bites chicken and rice
D- 5 bites bean tacos in corn tortillas

spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:27 pm

My darn work computer died on me this morning.. so now I can't work until a new one is shipped to me.. sucks.. I'm getting behind and can't do a thing about it Sad But the good news is being off gave me a chance to go grocery shopping so I stocked up on lots of gluten free goodies! Got a chocolate cake mix to try this weekend and some asian noodles to try etc, can't wait! Tonight I made homemade spaghetti and garlic bread, ALL gluten free!!! Yep I tried my first gluten free bread (Udi's is the brand) and it was soooo good! So I'm loving this gluten free lifestyle, I've never felt more physically better in my life and the weight loss from the 5 bite is only enhancing that feeling each and every ounce I lose.

B-nothing
L- 5 bites bean/hamburger meat dish
D- 5 bites spaghetti and garlic bread

spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:24 pm

Sorry I was MIA yesterday.. it was a doozy of a day. First I caught my hair on fire starting the fire in the fireplace.. lost a chunk of hair but thankfully since my hair is curly it's not noticeable to others but it was scary! All I can say is watch for those back drafts down from the chimney, it can blow the fire right into your face!
Then my dog took a turn for the worse, spiked a 104 fever, wouldn't eat etc.. she spent the night at the vet as they are pumping stronger antibiotics through her, she may be able to come home today... then my new work computer came in so I spent awhile getting it set up and back online.. so it was a crazy busy emotional day.. hopefully today is much better.
As far as food it went great yesterday...

B-nothing
L- 5 bites spaghetti
D- 5 bites spaghetti

Today is my weigh in day.. I was hoping to lose 1.1 lbs to get out of the 140's and I missed it by .3 lbs.. I'm 140.2 today, so close! So I'm down .8 this week. I think I'm getting to a set point as well so my weight loss may really slow down. I was 135-140 for years so its hard for me to break through 135 but I'll keep on truckin and my body will eventually have to yield Smile But I can tell you that I'm seeing major changes in my body now, every week I see more definition to my arms and legs and my stomach is so much slimmer.. loving it! Oh and I have a collar bone again! Love little things like that Smile so I'm down 28.4 lbs total, its really adding up now Smile 25 more lbs to go!
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  chic Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:25 am

way to go girl. sorry for your hair, but you know worst could have happened.

as for my 5bd i couldn't do it. weekends very difficult for me. here chicken curry is cooking there i'm with 5 bites. i don't want to curse 5bd. but i'm going to start from monday

chic

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:37 am

A typical Monday here.. sucked, LOL My training for my new position started today so that was stressful, had to pick up pup from the vet and they are driving me crazy. For professionals they sure can't wrap an ace bandage to save a life! I keep having to bring her home and rewrap because theirs bunches up and works its way off her wounds. Drives me crazy, LOL.. somedays I just wish everyone could do their jobs right.. but maybe this is all PMS talking... I'm moody today. I was so stressed out by 5pm that I honestly wanted a nice glass of wine to release some tension but I fought the urge.. it took a lot but I did. Sad Boy I can't wait for maintenance and my one glass of wine a night again.. I miss it Sad Speaking of maintenance though, I'm never going to get there if I don't steer clear of that and other caloric drinks so I'm staying strong.

B-nothing
L- 5 bites leftover chicken lo mein (from Mama Fu's, all gluten free)
D- 5 bites salsa chicken in a corn tortilla

Hopefully tomorrow brings sunshine and butterflies, LMAO... ok I'll settle for a nice tuesday without any big issues Smile
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:22 am

Nice job staying strong the drinks got me off track twice last week starts with a drink then another then a snack. So good job not giving in at all Very Happy
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:51 am

Thanks Dmac! Yeah it probably would have been that way for me too and I'm so close to breaking out of the 140's so that is what I kept telling myself...stay strong and see 139 this week... it's tough.. after 160+ days on this plan I have to admit I'm a little tired of dieting.. most people would have hit their goal by now.. but I'm getting so close so there is nothing to do but finish now.. hopefully by the end of March so there is a light at the end of the 5 bite tunnel, LOL
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:59 pm

Another stressful day down.. I forgot how stressful training is.. they are cramming two months worth of info into 6 days and my brain just hurts.. LOL I want a glass of wine SOOOO bad! I did this a year ago when I trained for another position, it was actually 16 weeks long and it was so much info crammed into each day that I'd get off work and need a glass of wine just to release the tension in my body and i'm feeling that all over again yet I can't have wine so any ideas on how to relax?? I need a chill pill, LOL

Well the good news is I probably gained 10 lbs during my last training and this time around I'll be losing weight, so a new concept for sure, LOL

Todays meals:

B=nothing
L= 5 bites peanut thai noodles (rice noodles, all gluten free)
D- 5 bites salsa chicken with a corn tortilla

spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  Jesabelle Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:17 am

Take a nice warm bath and sip a glass of ice water with a bit of lemon. The tension will melt away while your soaking in the tub and sipping on your lemon water. It works for me everytime Very Happy
Jesabelle
Jesabelle

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:47 pm

The bath sounds wonderful! If I can steal some time away from the kids a nice long soak will probably work for sure Smile

Sorry I was MIA yesterday, training went extra long and I was just exhausted.

Yesterday's Meals:

B-nothing
L- 5 bites spaghetti
D- 5 bites sweet taco in corn tortilla (its a pork n beans, hamburger meat, etc mixture and so yummy!)

I'll be back on later today to post todays meals.
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:08 am

Another long day down... this training may really wreck my diet. I was so stressed after training today that I wanted to eat the house down... I kept rationalizing it but it's only two days until my weigh in and I'm determined to get out of the 140's this week so I don't want to sabbotage myself! So I fought it and fought it.. and I'm winning so far but I don't know for how much longer. Today for sure.. but tomorrow?? well it's a new day and I hope it's better. I'm taking it one day at a time for now.

So today:
B-nothing
L- 5 bites of an indian microwave meal
D- 5 bites spaghetti

We did get our first snow of winter today, yay! Its starting to finally feel like winter. Now I'm ready for spring, LOL

I hope you guys are having a better day than me, I'm hanging in there though Smile
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Spryng into my journey with me  - Page 15 Empty Hi Spryng!

Post  Snow White Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:18 am

I see you have been on since October! That's wonderful! I have done this diet a lot of times and just recently got back on the forum. I am only eating protein this time and I am doing so much better with staying on plan. This is my 6th day...I will weigh in on Monday to see how much I have lost. I am hoping for 5 pounds. I have PCOS and insulin resistance, so my body just loves to hang on to weight and doesn't give it up easily. I have 3 kids and I can relate to what you're talking about with your body changing after kids. It sounds like you are doing great! How much weight have you lost now? Keep up the great work!
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:13 pm

Thanks Snow white! I'm down almost 30 lbs now, I think it's 28.8 or something like that now.. but it's definitely adding up Smile I've been on 5 bite since august 1st so over 5 months now so it's really a habit for me now Smile
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Spryng into my journey with me  - Page 15 Empty Wonderful!

Post  Snow White Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:02 pm

That is wonderful! I am very proud of you! I am taking big bites, I'm not going to lie!!!! Yesterday because of what I ate, I was able to calculate the calories I consumed for the whole day...it was less than 1000, but it should be more like less than 500 to get the results noted in the book. I am thinking about cutting it to four or even three bites...I'm just not sure I can eat small bites b/c I love food so much! Also, I am eating only protein and this really helps me not get headaches and not feel hungry.
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  misunderstood Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:21 pm

Hello Spryng. I've read your entire journal and it's truly amazing how you have stuck with it for five months. This has encouraged me to start again.

misunderstood

Back to top Go down

Spryng into my journey with me  - Page 15 Empty Goodbye 140's!!!!!

Post  spryng Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:58 am

Weigh in today, drum roll please! 139.2....goodbye 140's!!! I'm SOOOOOOOO excited!!!!! I never ever ever want to see 140 again!! Next milestone.. 129.. woo hoo!

So I lost 1 lb this week, here is my breakdown until now:

total loss so far: 29.4 lbs

week 1 loss: 163 =5.6 lbs
week 2 loss: 162.2 = .8 lbs
week 3 loss: 160.4 =1.8 lbs -- now in size 12's!
week 4 loss: 159.0 = 1.4 lbs
week 5 loss: 156.8 = 2.2 lbs
week 6 loss: 156.0 = .8 lbs
week 7 loss: 154.6 = 1.4 lbs
week 8 loss: 152.4= 2.2 lbs --now in size 10's!
week 9 loss: 152.2= .2 lbs
week 10 loss: 151.2= 1.0 lbs
week 11 loss: 148.6= 2.6 lbs
week 12 loss: 146.8= 1.8 lbs
week 13 loss: 148.0= +1.2 lbs
week 14 loss:146.8= 1.2 lbs
week 15 loss: 145.4= 1.4 lbs
week 16 loss: 144.6= .8 lbs
week 17 loss: no weigh in Thanksgiving
week 18 loss: 146.2 = 1.6 gain thanks to thanksgiving,lol
week 19 loss: 144.6 1.6 lbs
week 20 loss: 142.8= 1.8 lbs
week 21 loss: 142.6= .2 lbs
week 22 loss: 141.0= 1.6 lbs----now in size 8!
week 23 loss: 140.2= .8 lbs
week 24 loss: 139.2= 1 lb

So I'm just .6 lbs from being down 30 whole lbs, can't wait!

misunderstood, I'm so glad my journal has encouraged you to start again! You can do it! Smile
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  misunderstood Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:20 am

Congratulations!!!! Very Happy

misunderstood

Back to top Go down

Post  Jesabelle Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:44 am

That is AWESOME!!!!!!!! cheers You have done such an amazing job on this diet Smile I guess it is more like a lifestyle at this point and that is why you will continue to lose weight and then be able to maintain your goal weight! What a Face
Jesabelle
Jesabelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:02 am

Ya way to go
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:41 pm

Thanks! I had 3 days off of work and I kinda ate what I wanted, not a good idea! I need to stop celebrating with food that is for sure.. but I'm back on track today and can hopefully undo any damage I might have caused..
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:46 pm

Thankfully it seems my training this week is not starting off like last week which was incredibly stressful! Today was much much better which makes eating so much easier, LOL

So today:

B=nothing
L= 5 bites spaghetti
D= 5 bites salsa chicken

I'm really trying to figure out what will motivate me to stay on plan 100%... my bday is in 25 days, I'd LOVE to be 129 by then but that is 10 lbs away.. doable?? I don't know.. maybe if I stuck to my diet 100% but that is so difficult for me. weekends are tough.. what could be a good enough reward (besides the weightloss) to help me stick to it? If someone paid me money, sure, LOL but that isn't gonna happen, what would motivate you to stay strong?????
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Spryng into my journey with me  - Page 15 Empty Take time for yourself

Post  Snow White Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:05 am

I know it is hard and I'm not saying that I do it enough. But if you made your goal, would you just love to go get a massage or a facial? One hour alone with no work and no kids? You deserve it already, but if you made your goal you could give yourself permission to pamper yourself for an hour. What do you think?

Did you try the Snickers bar template yet? I have a feeling that if I can maintain using it and not cheat, I will have some serious results. Also, I wanted to say again that increasing my protein has really helped curb my hunger.

Let us know how you have stayed motivated all this time! You are our inspiration!
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 27 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21 ... 27  Next