5 Bite Diet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spryng into my journey with me

+31
Maernet
mommieof2
ramanrai
rugbygirl87
3jaysmom
AllieT
pinklipstick
teaismyhappyplace
misunderstood
Snow White
chic
herbsgirl
16Again
starfish
amu82
insanity
LLJames
Jesabelle
shanni82
connie
Moonie
starbucks addict
wstreet8110
jgraston
shnookie
ewhetstone
SaltyDog
Dmac
Greenbeans
Lisa
spryng
35 posters

Page 17 of 27 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 22 ... 27  Next

Go down

Spryng into my journey with me  - Page 17 Empty Re: Spryng into my journey with me

Post  chic Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:32 pm

my suggestion would be keep going with the exercise as long as you are not eating more & not weighing so often. i'm also not good at seeing setbacks on scale. for me i want to strengthen my lower body but i'm going wait until i reach 90% of my goal weight ie like when i reach 118 or 119lb i will start strength training. until then i stick with just walking

chic

Back to top Go down

Spryng into my journey with me  - Page 17 Empty exercise

Post  Snow White Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:11 pm

I would reach your goal weight and then start exercising. That is just me, you have to do what is right for you. Exercise has NEVER helped me lose weight. It has helped me shape and tone and it is good for heart health, but weight loss NO not for me.
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Spryng into my journey with me  - Page 17 Empty Re: Spryng into my journey with me

Post  spryng Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:42 pm

I agree snowwhite, I may go back to just walking, it just does something to my mind when I see a gain when I'm being good, LOL I know it's a good gain because it's exercise related but since my body is not used to it I may slow it down, maybe when I'm within 5 lbs or so of my goal or at goal.. I'll see how I feel tomorrow. Today I was taking off anyway to let my poor sore mucles ease up, they hurt so bad!

B-nothing
L- 5 bites taquitos
D- 5 bites hamburger helper lasagna

So today is my last day of work for 5 days, I don't go back until weds so I'm glad about that. I have a doctor appointment on tuesday to check out my stomach issues. I'm hoping they find the culprit and get me on a path of healing. Smile So monday I have to do a liquid fast before my appointment tuesday but I just plan on drinking broth etc so my calories will still be very low even without any bites, since I'm not allowed to eat anything. I'm sooooo gonna be starving on monday, lol but it's just one day.

spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  misunderstood Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:26 pm

I had to go on a liquid fast for two and a half days a couple of years ago. I was able to have popsicles, so I had those and sipped on ginger ale, which kept me satisfied, and I wasn't even on this diet. Hopefully everything goes well for you and there will be answers to your stomach issues.

misunderstood

Back to top Go down

Post  Jesabelle Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:32 pm

Where have you been? Miss seeing your posts Very Happy
Jesabelle
Jesabelle

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:10 pm

Hi all! Sorry I was MIA.. had 5 days off of work and I didn't get on the computer once.. was just so busy and then mon and tues I was doing that liquid diet for my procedure I had yesterday so I was so weak and tired and just stayed in bed. They took several biopsies from my intestines/stomach etc and I should know more in a couple weeks.. so I'm glad to be back to solid food today and back to 5 bites. I didn't post my weigh in saturday but my muscles were still retaining fluid from the 30 day shred and I was up 1.2 lbs which was depressing even though I know it was from exercise as my diet was fine. Its such a mental game to see a gain for any reason. So I'm holding off on exercise until I'm much much closer to goal. I don't want to set myself back with negative thinking. The prep I had to drink for those procedures must have been full of sodium because even though I was on liquid only for 2 days I was up 4 lbs!!! crazy.. so I'm working that off plus the 1.2 I gained from last week.. hate going the opposite way but hopefully by saturday I'm at least where I left off since its all water retention and not fat. Who can gain weight on 15 calories of broth? LOL not possible so it had to be sodium or something. SO anyway, sorry I was gone but I'm back again and ready to keep going. I'll be back on later to post my meals for today Smile
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  misunderstood Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:25 pm

Spryng, I'm glad you're back. I agree that it was probably sodium from what you were drinking. You will get to goal, I'm sure of it. Hope test results come back okay.

misunderstood

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:34 pm

Thanks misunderstood! My worst fear is that they'll find nothing and I'll never get any answers or relief but one day at a time for sure. Smile

So first day back at work today and boy did they make sure I made up for the 5 days I was off, LOL I was swamped! but I like staying busy and the day flew by.

B-nothing
L- 5 bites pizza
D- 5 bites chicken/guacomole quesadilla

My body is thanking me for being back on plan, no more liquid, no more starving.. I like solid food, LOL
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Spryng into my journey with me  - Page 17 Empty Hope they find out

Post  Snow White Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:00 am

I hope they find out what is troubling your tummy! We are soooooo glad you are back, you are an inspiration to all of us! : )))) My prayers are with you and I hope you get some relief soon. My coworker had terrible trouble with her stomach for a year and it ended up being her gallbladder. She had it removed and is fine now. So glad you are back! ; )))
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  Jesabelle Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:02 pm

Welcome back Very Happy I am sure that they will figure out what is wrong and get you back to feeling 100% better. I was hoping that is was the gluten thing and it would have worked itsel out for you. But at least you discovered a different way of eating if you choose to continue down that path. I've heard that gluten free foods actually taste better than the foods with gluten Smile I wouldn't worry about your slight gain, that water retention is probably already out of your system. Theres no teling exactly what they put in that stuff in order to run tests. At least that part is over-which is always a good thing What a Face
Jesabelle
Jesabelle

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:26 pm

I agree Jesabelle, its over and I'm happy about that, LOL yeah the prep drink stuff I had to drink was all chemicals, nothing natural in it at all so I'm sure it caused water retention/swelling for sure but I am feeling better, my pants aren't tight so the bloating is going down, all good signs Smile
Snow white, I had my gallbladder out about 5 years ago so I know the misery your co-worker was in! Those things can cause some pain!

I was hoping it was a gluten intolerance as well, I'd much rather just remove something from my diet rather than take a pill the rest of my life. They are checking for celiac in some of the biopsies as well so I should get a definitive answer on that as well.

So today was good, I was super busy at work so the day flew by but after dinner I was just craving more food! I opened my freezer and stared down a bag of french fries, lol I so wanted to fry them up and pour some cheese and chili over them but I drank more water and told myself to cut it out already, lol so no harm done!

B-nothing
L- 5 bites pizza
D- 5 bites beef taquitos

On to another day... 9 more days until my bday, how do those things creep up on me!!!? LOL
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  misunderstood Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:36 pm

Hey Spryng, eight years ago I was diagnosed with a gluten intolerance. Then five years later another test was given to confirm by another gastroenterologist, and he said I didn't have it. So I had gone five years eating foods that did not contain gluten. I had felt so cheated. I still have stomach issues and do not know the cause. I've had my gallbladder removed also several years ago, felt better, but the stomach problems still came back. I felt better when I ate less fat, maybe because of the gallbladder removal. I've also had nine abdominal surgeries in the last fourteen years, which could have played a major factor in how I've been feeling, plus factoring in that I'm 39 years old. But I've noticed I feel a lot better now, now that I'm eating less food.

misunderstood

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:10 am

I do know if you go a certain amount of time gluten free your stomach will heal itself (the villi that were harmed will grow back healthy and strong) so if they retest it will look like you are not gluten intolerant but really are becuase if you start eating it again it will start harming that villi once again until you are sick all the time. So you probably are still intolerant so I'd be careful eating gluten for sure. I really didn't mind eating gluten free, I found alternatives to everything I loved from pasta to cake! oh the gluten free yellow cake we made was so good even the kids ate it up and asked for more! Smile
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:25 pm

I feel like I'm spinning my wheels but I'm down that 1.2 lbs I gained due to the 30 day shred today but I guess that is actually good because tuesday morning before my procedure I was up another 4 lbs through water retention so ALL of that is gone and I'm back to where I left off two weeks ago.. sigh.. I feel like exercising stalled me a week of a real loss but oh well, lesson learned and I'll lay off the hard exercise until goal for sure.. in fact now I'm thinking I may aim for 5 lbs under my goal (which is still a healthy bmi) that way if I gain due to muscle fluid retention it won't freak me out so much, lol.. so anyway, on to another week! My bday is a week from today so I hope to have a good bday loss this coming week Smile
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Spryng into my journey with me  - Page 17 Empty You're doing great!

Post  Snow White Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:19 am

You're doing great! You can't help the setback due to the medical tests, that's not your fault. I agree about the exercise, it really has never helped me lose weight but rather has made me hungrier and actually gain weight. When I watch the Biggest Loser some weeks I lose more some of them and I don't exercise at all. Diet is the most important thing just like Dr. Lewis said in his book remember he said due to our efficiency we don't burn very much when we exercise. You're doing great! Remind me how much more do you want to lose now?
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  misunderstood Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:46 am

Spryng, your transformation pic is what encouraged me go back on this plan. You are doing awesome. You just went through a minor setback because of meds, now that you are done, you will see great results in time for your birthday!

misunderstood

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:43 pm

Thank you both so much for your words of encouragement!!! I'm keeping my eye on my goal now and I'm ready to get there Smile

Snow White I want to get down to 115, so I have a little over 20 lbs to go as I'm 138.6 right now.. but I'm getting there, every ounce is adding up Smile

Last edited by spryng on Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : input wrong weight)
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Spryng into my journey with me  - Page 17 Empty : ))))

Post  Snow White Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:17 pm

You can do it! : ))))
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:32 pm

A pretty good start to a new week! I always love good mondays, LOL So I ran out of work to do today so I was able to finish a novel I started on saturday, so now I'm a the prowl for a new Nook book to download Smile
Did you all watch the superbowl last night? I admit I read while the game was one and watched the commercials, LOL there were a few cute ones this year Smile

So as far as eating today here are my meals:

B-nothing
L- 3 bites white castle burger and 2 bites pigs in a blanket (leftover superbowl munchies)
D- 4 bites spaghetti 1 bite chocolate cake

I feel so tired from staying up late last night reading etc so when I got off work today I told myself I could not sit until I worked on laundry and cleaned the kitchen.. felt very productive getting it done Smile So now I can relax with no guilt and search for a new novel to read. Will be a nice evening I think Smile
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:16 pm

Slow days at work is really helping me with my house, lol was able to fold about 5 loads of laundry today so yay! with 4 kids I have a constant dirty clothes mountain to get through, lol I'm hoping tomorrow is slow again so I can scrub toilets, LOL My bday is this saturday and my parents are coming up for the weekend so this will help me stay on top of my house before their arrival Smile

Meals today:
B-nothing
L- 2 bites white castle burger, 3 bites boneless hot wings
D- 4 bites spaghetti, 1 bite chocolate cake (I'm getting rid of that cake one bite at a time, lol)

So all in all a great day! Started a new novel last night as well so I can't wait to get back to it today ... looking forward to a nice relaxing evening.
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:45 pm

Another productive day! Not with work, lol.. still running out of things to do but that gave me time to clean out my kitchen nook area and dining area, mopping and everything, woo hoo! I rarely have this kind of time to deep clean.

B-nothing
L- 5 bites bean burrito
D- 5 bites sloppy joes/french fries

On to another day!
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Spryng into my journey with me  - Page 17 Empty Hi Spryng!

Post  Snow White Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:51 am

I bet your house is looking great! I wish I had time to get things lean and mean and organized around here...that is my goal this summer. It's hard to clean very well when there is so much clutter.
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:52 pm

I agree snow white! Have you ever checked out flylady.com? it's a cool site that helps divide your house up into Zones and keep it clean. Once mine is back under control I plan on utilizing it again, she says in just 15 min a day your house can stay clean Smile I did it religiously a few years ago and it was awesome, of course I didn't have as many kids then, or a job for that matter, lol it's hard juggling things now.
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  herbsgirl Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:26 pm

Spryng, I am a flylady girl too. I dont always follow everything exactly but I do the swish and swipe, and the morning evening routines are good
herbsgirl
herbsgirl

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:45 pm

I'm off tomorrow so today is my friday, yay!!

B-nothing
L- 5 bites sloppy joe mix (nixed the bread and just ate the meat mixture, lol)
D- 5 bites fried chicken and noodles

I may not be on much the next 3 days as my parents are coming up tomorrow for my bday so I'll be busy getting the house ready etc so if I don't post I'll be on monday Smile
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 27 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 22 ... 27  Next